Windows 10: Windows 10 .icm color profiles problem

Discus and support Windows 10 .icm color profiles problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have display calibrated by ColorMunki calibrator via .icm color profile. I have reinstalled system and I found a very serious problem. Icm profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pslota, Jun 19, 2021.

1. pslota Win User

Windows 10 .icm color profiles problem

I have display calibrated by ColorMunki calibrator via .icm color profile. I have reinstalled system and I found a very serious problem. Icm profile works after system starts, but each time screen got back to the desktop from switched off display as in power plan or from full screen game the profile is replaced with default value and the only way to bring back .icm profile is manually in color management. It is strange, because it is on a completely new installed system with no new apps I had before on the same machine, display and whole calibration process and there was any problem wi

:)

pslota, Jun 19, 2021
  2. KPF_MS Win User

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 .ICM file For Monitor Not Working

Hi, I just switched to Windows 10 and have exactly the same thing. I need colors to be accurate as I am a post processing photos. It was working perfect in Windows 8.1 but now Color Mgt seems to be doing nothing, no matter what .icm file I load.

@Nvlddmkm: did you figure out how to use the .icm files?

@Microsoft: Please HELP!

Well... that's what I posted one hour ago. And now, after some searching on the net, I have found out how to reactivate my ICM files. Strange that Microsoft seems not to be able to properly answer this...

You can read the full solution on this page: Using ICC Profiles in Windows | PCMonitors.info

For me, it was the last step that did the trick. The previous steps I used to do in Windows 8.1 too. Apparantly you need to reset system defaults to use the ICM files provided. I guess because Win10 comes with its own calibration method??

Anyway, for all strugling with this. See the last step in this link to fix this problem Windows 10 .icm color profiles problem :)

KPF_MS, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Cannot change color profile for display no 2

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 requires the correct color profile to make sure your device shows colors as accurately as possible. Only when the correct profile is installed on your computer for an image device will you experience color accuracy
    as intended by the company that designed that device. If colors don't render correctly on your display, chances are that's not due to a problem with the monitor. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you gone to the manufacturer's website to download the most updated monitor driver?
      (Note: Kindly get the monitor driver, not the video driver.)

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check
    LG's website
    and download the driver for your monitor. Kindly use the .icm file on the
    Change advanced color management settings for displays, scanners using search.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Nvlddmkm Win User

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 .ICM file For Monitor Not Working

Original Title: .ICM For Monitor Not Working

When using Windows 8.1 I applied a .ICM file to color management to fixed the washed out colors of my ASUS VG248QE monitor; however, after making a switch to Windows 10, the .ICM does absolutely nothing. The colors don't change when I add or remove any
    .ICM file for that matter, as if the feature in color management simply does nothing.

Nvlddmkm, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 .icm color profiles problem - Similar Threads - icm color profiles

2. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  3. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  4. Backup and Restore Windows 10 Color Profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup and Restore Windows 10 Color Profile?: Is there any way to Backup and Restore Manually calibrated color scheme in windows 10? Because the default color scheme is wrong and I have to manually set the color profile if I reinstall windows. There is an option to add a color profile in settings, but im not sure how can...
  5. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  6. win 10 color profile resetting

win 10 color profile resetting: I'm using NVidia GTX 1060 and I resolved my problem of color profile resetting on startup by disabling color profile triggers on Calibration loader, but I still have a problem with color resetting when and it turns out only then I go to Settings in Win 10 and click the first...
  7. Color profile issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile issues?: I had to do a clean wipe of my Windows 10, which means I lost my last calibrated profile. Been trying to recalibrate but my colors all seem dull, and greys are either too purple or yellow. My question is, when I go to settings - display, and change my calibrated profiles...
  8. Color profile

Color profile: I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder colour calibrator. After the W10 1903 update, when I do a calibration the Color profile will not load, refer image. Checked with manufacturer and the cause is the W10 1903 update and advised a later patch Microsoft released a...
  9. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673
  10. Problem with Color Profiles and Management Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Color Profiles and Management Windows 10: Hi everyone, I recently changed my multiple monitor setup and have 2 new monitors connected to my Windows 10 64bit computer. I am using a ASUS high refresh rate monitor and a Benq Photographic monitor for photo editing. The Benq is Adobe RBG. The ASUS is connected by display...