Windows 10: windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

Discus and support windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; first of all, forgive my bad english, i try to make this understandable. this thread is not for asking question, but rather to giving solution or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by khairulnaim, May 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

first of all, forgive my bad english, i try to make this understandable.

this thread is not for asking question, but rather to giving solution or opinion to the subject.

just now im facing with problems where my windows 10 icons disappearing after waking from sleep mode. plus, i cannot open any softwares, even ive clicked them, they wont maximize or give display, they just show only at the taskbar. tho i restarted my pc many time, it didnt solve my problem. ive read a lot, i mean alot of threads, and none of them seem to be helpful. so im trying to help to those out there that having the same problem as i am.

so i tried many ways, cause i dont want to reinstall my window or format my pc. anddd i found it, the problem is the desktop view is actually in a table mode, or a 2 side desktop view. if u hover ur mouse toward far left, u will notice ur mouse kinda went missing, its actually on the other left side of the desktop. all u need to do is to catch the SETTING.

1. try in any way to open 'Setting' either in search windows, or from start button.

2. u will notice the setting will now display, but its wont show on desktop but only at the taskbar.

3. hover ur mouse to the setting at the taskbar and clicked it (greyed)

4. now the tricky part, hover ur mouse to the far left of the desktop and try to click and hold and bring it to the far right (this technique is suppose to catch the setting that displaying on the other side of the left desktop)

5. if u manage to catch it, next, in the setting, open display feature.

6. scroll down until u find multiple displays

7. click 'duplicate this display'

8. and u good to go.

i hope this help u guys out there.

:)

khairulnaim, May 12, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 12, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 12, 2019
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, May 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

1. windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode - Similar Threads - icon disappear waking

2. It is 2024 and Windows taskbar icons are still disappearing after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is 2024 and Windows taskbar icons are still disappearing after waking from sleep: Hello, I'm yet another user who has had the frustrating issue of having my taskbar icons disappear when my PC awakens from a longer sleep. I am aware that restarting explorer.exe from task manager fixes the problem, but it's only a temporary fix and I don't want to have to do...
  3. It is 2024 and Windows taskbar icons are still disappearing after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is 2024 and Windows taskbar icons are still disappearing after waking from sleep: Hello, I'm yet another user who has had the frustrating issue of having my taskbar icons disappear when my PC awakens from a longer sleep. I am aware that restarting explorer.exe from task manager fixes the problem, but it's only a temporary fix and I don't want to have to do...
  4. Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingFerdinand11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsgiju/windows10_after_waking_it_from_sleep_mode/
  5. Volume booming after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume booming after waking from sleep mode: Hello, Every time my laptop sleeps, upon waking the volume is super load giving me a nasty shock very often. When I unplug and replug the audio 3.5mm jack it fixes. It seems to me like the OS forgets that they're headphones after waking up and treats them as speakers, but the...
  6. BSOD after waking up from Windows 10 Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD after waking up from Windows 10 Sleep Mode: Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet. Der Fehlercode war: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80363eb7ddd. Ein volles Abbild wurde gespeichert in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Berichts-ID:...
  7. W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode: Hello,I have a laptop that keeps getting the BSOD when it comes out of sleep mode with the error code: "Unexpected Store Exception"I have tried checking for corrupted files, reinstalling drivers, scanning for viruses and even reinstalling Windows 10 but the issue still...
  8. Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode: Whenever I put my pc in sleep mode, it suddenly wakes up. I have no idea why this problem happens very often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-automatically-wakes-from-the-sleep-mode/99f27195-7c1b-4b77-b6ff-f72803b42900
  9. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  10. Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode: Hello, I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and I have an issue with the PC rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. I did some searching online and it seemed like the most likely cause was the graphics driver, so I have updated that and several others through Driver...