Windows 10 icon gone missing

Discus and support Windows 10 icon gone missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im really hyped for Windows 10 then suddenly the icon was not there anymore. Got it reserved and even clicked the "notify me when ready". I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by areskins, Jul 29, 2015.

1. areskins Win User

Im really hyped for Windows 10 then suddenly the icon was not there anymore. Got it reserved and even clicked the "notify me when ready". I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you in advance tenforums people *Biggrin

:)

areskins, Jul 29, 2015
  2. BobbyJacobs Win User

OneDrive Issues - Windows 10 64 bit

Onedrive icon has gone missing Windows 10. I've tried the suggestions of

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe and reset also. I still do not see the icon for onedrive.

BobbyJacobs, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Vibrid Win User
    Windows 10 icon missing

As I have just done a clean wipe on my computer after reserving windows 10, the icon has gone missing.

I would like to know how to restore the icon, and if the reservation is still active on this machine after a clean reset.

Vibrid, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Areskins, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you like, you could also use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft in step 3 of the tutorial below to upgrade to the free Windows 10 and be activated afterwards. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Sandi1987 Win User
    I download ISO with Media Creation Tool and Mounted ISO in Daemon Tools and Upgrade it from Windows 8.1 and All Programs working. Is RTM Version the same as MSDN?

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015
  6. areskins Win User
    Is being "activated afterwards" a bad thing? Am I the only who experienced this (having an icon then suddenly disappearing)?

areskins, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Sandi1987 Win User
    I had Icon in Windows 8.1 and i Reserve Copy but never receive notification for Download.

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, both retail copies. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would want to have your Windows 10 activated.

You haven't been the only one today. Using the Media Creation Tool to upgrade with instead is a good alternative though. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  10. derekimo Win User
    Nope, mine was gone this morning. It still shows reserved in windows update though.

derekimo, Jul 29, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    Youre not the only one, on one of my Windows 8.1 pcs the Icon went missing, I'm not worried at the moment I've got two other Windows 10 pcs to play with.

BillyBob, Jul 29, 2015
  12. sharksfan7 Win User
    Same thing just happened to me. Had the GWX icon in the tray of my 8.1 system & the files were downloaded. Never got the OK to upgrade. Logged off for a minute & when I logged back in the icon was gone and 3+GB of files in Windows~BT folder is gone. Not really concerned about it since I plan to wait for a while to upgrade. And I'll just use the Media Creation Tool to do so when the time comes. Just curious if anyone knows what just happened.

sharksfan7, Jul 29, 2015
  13. areskins Win User

Thank you Brink for replying! So how do I activate it afterwards? Sorry Im not really a techie guy (medical school student) and really had a hard time upgrading my 8.1 phone to 10.

Thank you everyone as well for replying. Really appreciate it guys.

areskins, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you upgrade to 10 from your activated 7 using step 2 below with the Media Creation Tool, it be activated afterwards. If not, then give it a couple of days since MS activation servers are under heavy load right now. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  15. JohnnyGui Win User
    Wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same issue.
    First, I thought that using the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO made the Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappear. But when I checked another laptop, it didn't have the Windows 10 icon either while I didn't use the Media Creation Tool on there. Both of the devices show on Windows Update that I've reserved Windows 10 but the link to "Learn more" on there doesn't work.

JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 icon gone missing - Similar Threads - icon gone missing

2. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  3. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  4. Windows 10 Photos

Windows 10 Photos: windows 10 photos stop working, Reset & Repair dose not respond on it … cant uninstall app and cant reinstalls it … how can I fix this ridicules problem on WINDOWS 10 !! I need to see my photos somehow dear Microsoft …. if its a application why you don't put the app...
  5. Windows 10 is glacial in performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is glacial in performance: My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update trouble shoot, but this time it didn't make any difference when I did it again. All programs run slow and performance manager...
  6. Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings: Movies and TV (also known as Films and TV in some regions) is getting a new update with major improvements. The latest update for Movies and TV app advances it to version Movies and TV app for Windows 10 is picking up an update on Fast Ring with a couple of new features. To...
  7. Windows 10 Edge

Windows 10 Edge: After an update, browser pages are opening in Internet explorer, not Edge. How can I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-edge/59845d31-ccf8-4a95-b032-e63365187347
  8. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. windows menu and emails not opening

windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...