Windows 10: Windows 10 icon gone missing

Discus and support Windows 10 icon gone missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im really hyped for Windows 10 then suddenly the icon was not there anymore. Got it reserved and even clicked the "notify me when ready". I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by areskins, Jul 29, 2015.

1. areskins Win User

Windows 10 icon gone missing

Im really hyped for Windows 10 then suddenly the icon was not there anymore. Got it reserved and even clicked the "notify me when ready". I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you in advance tenforums people *Biggrin

:)

areskins, Jul 29, 2015

2. OneDrive Issues - Windows 10 64 bit

Onedrive icon has gone missing Windows 10. I've tried the suggestions of

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe and reset also. I still do not see the icon for onedrive.

BobbyJacobs, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Vibrid Win User
    Windows 10 icon missing

As I have just done a clean wipe on my computer after reserving windows 10, the icon has gone missing.

I would like to know how to restore the icon, and if the reservation is still active on this machine after a clean reset.

Vibrid, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Areskins, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you like, you could also use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft in step 3 of the tutorial below to upgrade to the free Windows 10 and be activated afterwards. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Sandi1987 Win User
    I download ISO with Media Creation Tool and Mounted ISO in Daemon Tools and Upgrade it from Windows 8.1 and All Programs working. Is RTM Version the same as MSDN?

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015
  6. areskins Win User
    Is being "activated afterwards" a bad thing? Am I the only who experienced this (having an icon then suddenly disappearing)?

areskins, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Sandi1987 Win User
    I had Icon in Windows 8.1 and i Reserve Copy but never receive notification for Download.

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, both retail copies. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would want to have your Windows 10 activated.

You haven't been the only one today. Using the Media Creation Tool to upgrade with instead is a good alternative though. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  10. derekimo Win User
    Nope, mine was gone this morning. It still shows reserved in windows update though.

derekimo, Jul 29, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    Youre not the only one, on one of my Windows 8.1 pcs the Icon went missing, I'm not worried at the moment I've got two other Windows 10 pcs to play with.

BillyBob, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Same thing just happened to me. Had the GWX icon in the tray of my 8.1 system & the files were downloaded. Never got the OK to upgrade. Logged off for a minute & when I logged back in the icon was gone and 3+GB of files in Windows~BT folder is gone. Not really concerned about it since I plan to wait for a while to upgrade. And I'll just use the Media Creation Tool to do so when the time comes. Just curious if anyone knows what just happened.

sharksfan7, Jul 29, 2015
  13. areskins Win User

Thank you Brink for replying! So how do I activate it afterwards? Sorry Im not really a techie guy (medical school student) and really had a hard time upgrading my 8.1 phone to 10.

Thank you everyone as well for replying. Really appreciate it guys.

areskins, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you upgrade to 10 from your activated 7 using step 2 below with the Media Creation Tool, it be activated afterwards. If not, then give it a couple of days since MS activation servers are under heavy load right now. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  15. JohnnyGui Win User
    Wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same issue.
    First, I thought that using the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO made the Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappear. But when I checked another laptop, it didn't have the Windows 10 icon either while I didn't use the Media Creation Tool on there. Both of the devices show on Windows Update that I've reserved Windows 10 but the link to "Learn more" on there doesn't work.

JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 icon gone missing - Similar Threads - icon gone missing

2. All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10: All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10.Hello I have lost all my taskbar icons. I cannot get them back. All advice on the web only made things worse. Please tell me how I get them back....
  3. All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10: All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10.Hello I have lost all my taskbar icons. I cannot get them back. All advice on the web only made things worse. Please tell me how I get them back....
  4. All icons have gone missing from my taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...: Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task bar. Question: Because I opted not to use Microsoft Edge, Microsoft has not stopped me from using or accessing Chrome or...
  6. Icons gone Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons gone Windows 10?: Moved a few applications from a folder I created earlier, which was on the desktop, to the desktop. Now some applications do not have the correct icon anymore, which they had in the folder before. Does anyone know how to fix this? [ATTACH] Icons weg Windows 10?
  7. Icon gone missing

Icon gone missing: volume icon is missing in my taskbar. when I tried to enable it, the network icon disappeared .I can't pin volume ,network and battery icon all together. Only two remains and the other disappeared . The missing icon is not in icon tray![ATTACH]...
  8. Icons are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons are gone: Idk why but my computer icons are gone in my taskbar could you please help me fix this. https://gyazo.com/021507abdbe1d42f89104c0f23fe88ab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-gone/d570cfa1-dd36-4e99-8896-fccbe179f3bc
  9. Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone: Alright, I was doing some routine cleaning with Ccleaner two days ago, and one of the areas cleaned was the Thumbnail cache. When it finished, I discovered that in Large View mode, none of my icons or thumbnails regenerated. I can still see them in Medium, Small, Tiles,...
  10. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10: All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-taskbar-icons-gone-missing-on-windows-10/02ea6899-2cca-402d-8a41-26462b79556d