Windows 10: Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Discus and support Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFox1, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings.

When I login as a different user on the same machine the icons are the correct size.

Is there a registry setting or something I can look at within the user profile to fix this?

:)

GeorgeFox1, Apr 2, 2019
  2. SDrimones Win User

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Angel,

The Start menu opens no problem. The issue is the size of the icons in the toolbar called Quick Launch. I have them set to small but you can see in the screenshot, they are bigger than the pinned icons which are also set to small.

SDrimones, Apr 2, 2019
  3. SDrimones Win User

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings.

When I login as a different user on the same machine the icons are the correct size.

Is there a registry setting or something I can look at within the user profile to fix this?

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar d4a7fe4a-222c-47dd-b777-7fec751be95a?upload=true.jpg

SDrimones, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Change icon of Windows 10 Quick Launch (Custom) Toolbar

I have created a quick launch toolbar of my Games folder (Right click taskbar → Toolbars → New Toolbar → Select Game Folder).

This creates a toolbar that looks like this:

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar SXsAZ.png

I am trying to change the icon of these folders on my toolbar.

I have changed the icon of my folder on my disk, but that does not change the icon on the toolbar. I'm guessing the toolbar icons are shortcuts, but I can't find the location of the shortcuts on the disk.

All I can find is the disk location of the normal quick launch shortcuts:
    C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Any idea where the toolbar shortcuts are on disk? Or any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Brandon Haley, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar - Similar Threads - icon size added

2. ToolBar Icons sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ToolBar Icons sizing: I messed around with the display setting and everything got all whacked. I got everthing back to normal size for the most part. My toolbar icons are so small, I can't figure out to resize them. When I did resize them, something else would change. Not even sure if I am posting...
  3. ToolBar Icons sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ToolBar Icons sizing: I messed around with the display setting and everything got all whacked. I got everthing back to normal size for the most part. My toolbar icons are so small, I can't figure out to resize them. When I did resize them, something else would change. Not even sure if I am posting...
  4. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  5. Size of Quick Launch icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Quick Launch icons changed: Hello all, I have a very populated Quick Launch area with the icons set to small on my work computer. Today I found that the icons in the QL changed in size; previously I had the task bar two lines high and two lines of icons fit in the area. If I want to fit two lines of...
  6. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  7. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  8. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  9. How to get a file explorer icon into the Quick Launch Toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a file explorer icon into the Quick Launch Toolbar: My system has just had its Windows 10 Pro x64 re-installed after it stopped booting. I now have dozens, if not hundreds of thing to re-configure. I've re-instated the Quick Launch Toolbar, and now I'm trying to get an icon for File Explorer in this toolbar. This basically...
  10. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 quick launch toolbar icon size