Windows 10: Windows 10 Icons and startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Icons and startup in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey there! Just got a new pc. Downloaded windows 10 installation media, and used a key. However, it crashed after 30 minutes of using windows. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Karla Ordon, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Icons and startup

Hey there! Just got a new pc. Downloaded windows 10 installation media, and used a key. However, it crashed after 30 minutes of using windows. Then When I tried to start up my monitor again, windows will not boot up. Ive tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in and restarting the monitor it worked, however I took me to this screen where it said "there was a problem with windows". Ive tried all the options and I still can not get windows to start. Eventually I was able to get a older version that was saved and I was able to log back on! but right after 2 minutes all the apps on the desktop disappear and when I try to open up any apps it will not work. I cannot even open up settings. I have tried over and over again and the same thing happens again. Someone Please Help!

Thanks.

:)

Karla Ordon, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 28, 2021
  3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Mar 28, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Icons and startup

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Icons and startup

1. Windows 10 Icons and startup - Similar Threads - Icons startup

2. Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend this is Gavin & using Latest Windows 11, 23H2 OS."Copilot in Windows preview" Icon disapears in Taskbar when I start My Laptop. But when I try to re-start My Laptop then "Copilot in Windows preview" Icon appears on the Taskbar right side as...
  3. Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend this is Gavin & using Latest Windows 11, 23H2 OS."Copilot in Windows preview" Icon disapears in Taskbar when I start My Laptop. But when I try to re-start My Laptop then "Copilot in Windows preview" Icon appears on the Taskbar right side as...
  4. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  5. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  6. some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup: some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup The following actions were performed: 1 sfc /scannow 2 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 3 Cleared the cache of icons %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerPrintScreen...
  7. some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup

some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup: some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup The following actions were performed: 1 sfc /scannow 2 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 3 Cleared the cache of icons %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerPrintScreen...
  8. Icons on startup & desktop blank with ink, "does not have a program associated with it",...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on startup & desktop blank with ink, "does not have a program associated with it",...: In Control Panel I tied to add associations to programs I could not open but nw all start up, desk top and taskbar icons are blank and have "lnk" attached to them. They used to open but all now say "no program associated" and I can't get back to open any of them or even...
  9. Icons on startup & desktop blank with ink, "does not have a program associated with it",...

Icons on startup & desktop blank with ink, "does not have a program associated with it",...: In Control Panel I tied to add associations to programs I could not open but nw all start up, desk top and taskbar icons are blank and have "lnk" attached to them. They used to open but all now say "no program associated" and I can't get back to open any of them or even...
  10. On startup, my taskbar is missing all its icons for a couple seconds

On startup, my taskbar is missing all its icons for a couple seconds: For some reason, sometimes whenever I startup my windows 10 laptop, all the icons on the taskbar are missing, so are the ones adjacent to the clock aka the tray icons. Strangely though, it's only the task bar and not the whole shell, as desktop icons still work, pressing on...