Windows 10: WIndows 10 Icons and User Accounts

Discus and support WIndows 10 Icons and User Accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC that I bought not too long ago. My problem is I wanted to set my icons in my user profile folder(Documents, Downloads,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QueenSvetlana, Jul 8, 2017.

1. WIndows 10 Icons and User Accounts

I have a Windows 10 PC that I bought not too long ago.

My problem is I wanted to set my icons in my user profile folder(Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc..) to look like the Windows 7 equivalent, but I was told that I needed to have the Windows 7 installation disk, mount it, and copy certain files over, and rewrite my desktop.ini to point to the Windows 7 files. Seemed risky, and I abandoned all hope.

Until today...

I was helping my mom, and I found out her user account profile folders look like this:

WIndows 10 Icons and User Accounts [​IMG]

This is exactly what I want when I'm in details view of the user profile folder. However, I'm unable replicate this on my account. This is what my profile folder looks like:

I can confirm my mom's account is in details view, and I've checked and matched her folder settings, still nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

QueenSvetlana, Jul 8, 2017

2. W10 taskbar icons too small

Hi Ian Mosley,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us with the required information.

As per the screenshot provided, it is clear that the size of the taskbar icons is normal. The taskbar icons will appear exactly the same as they were in the screenshot, if you have set to use the small taskbar icons.

You may try to create the new user account and check to isolate the issue. This will help to figure out if the user profile is corrupted.
    Follow the below link to create new user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

After creating the new user account, check whether you are able to use the normal and small size taskbar icons. Refer to the suggestions provided by the Guru Kiran G in the above posts for changing the size of the taskbar icons.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Desktop icons have started jumping around in Windows 10

That's weird. It should not do that. I tried it myself and noticed that icons occupy a certain space and if you drag another icon to that space, even if it's only at the edge, it will bump the icon to the next spot (but never to another place).

Try creating a new user account on your computer and see if you will experience this problem->

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Yasshiel Zhang, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

WIndows 10 Icons and User Accounts

The view in File Explorer your mom has is what mine is on a Default installation of Win10 in the C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE Folder.

Berton, Jul 8, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Mine looks like yours but the icons don't bother me one bit.

Her icons look like the ones under This PC, at least the ones that are also in User folder

mrgeek, Jul 8, 2017
  6. Thanks where my user folder is as well *Smile

7. I'm able to confirm that the icons are the same as the screenshot I posted in both Quick view and This PC view in details view

8. mrgeek Win User

"I'm able to confirm that the icons are the same as the screenshot I posted in both Quick view and This PC view in details view "
    My screenshot is in thumbnail display (icon in lower r corner of explorer window)

I can reproduce her icons in Medium icons or Tiles view, again, in thumbnail display. Like this

mrgeek, Jul 8, 2017
  9. I can do that too in titles/medium view, just can't in Details view like my mom's account. Seems strange.

10. I figured it out.

My mom's account has a different display size. On her account the size is 125%, on my it's 100%. I tested it out and was able to reproduce the result.

11. mrgeek Win User
    Excellent ! I didn't know the View was related to the display, learn something every day. Please mark your topic Solved so others with the same issue can find and use.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 Icons and User Accounts - Similar Threads - Icons User Accounts

2. User Accounts in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts in Windows 10: Each time I get an update of Windows 10, I have issue with my account on my desktop. I see the administrator account, but I also see another account that is part of my user name. I have no idea how it got created and why I have this issue. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows 10 User Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Accounts: Some time ago when I set up a windows 10 local user account I assigned the disk location of user account categories like documents, video, pictures and so forth to D:\ drive. Now I want to access the place where these disk locations are set up to reset them but have not...
  4. Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 user accounts: How can I sign a user out of Windows 10 so I can delete the profile? I want control of my computer back plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-accounts/10b2fd64-bff3-4dd1-a952-7c1a5984f56e
  5. Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 user accounts: I deleted my Microsoft account under "accounts used for email, calendar. and contacts". But when I did that, windows had me add an account for "accounts used for other apps". However I cannot delete that account, It only has the option to manage that account. Is that account...
  6. User accounts in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User accounts in Windows 10: I purchased a used windows 10 laptop and set up my user acct (admin) using my MS account. Log-in and settings seem to function normally. But, the default user is M.BUBBLES (prior owner, not me!); all my files go into this directory, he is listed as OWNER of computer as well...
  7. Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 user accounts: Hi Please can you advise me how to add administrator user account icon or photo to the opening screen on Windows 10. Mine used to be there but has disappeared although my family members who are also users but not administrators continue to appear. Many thanks...
  8. Windows 10 User Accounts

Windows 10 User Accounts: Hi I am using Windows 10 Home single language 1809.When I go into the Accounts settings I couldn't find the family and other users settings.Instead of that I find Other users settings.When I tried to add other user, microsoft console opens showing a message that this feature...
  9. User account log on icons

User account log on icons: Currently in Win10 the user accounts sit near the Windows button in the bottom left position. Is there any as in Win7 display to have these icons residing in the centre of the screen rather than down in the bottom left corner of the screen. 37874
  10. windows 10 user account not there

windows 10 user account not there: I have downloaded windows 10 and set up my user account and tried to add family but on the email it says account activated but when I go to the family user page no one is there. So start adding family again and it says this person in part of your family. I feel like getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 make ACCOUNTS small icons