Windows 10: Windows 10 icons do not update in search

Discus and support Windows 10 icons do not update in search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 with all updates and the standard windows apps were updated as well with fresh icons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pavel Sopnev, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 icons do not update in search

Hello everyone,

I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 with all updates and the standard windows apps were updated as well with fresh icons. However if you try to search these apps, they show up with old ones. I tried to recreate IconCache.db, sfc /scannow and DISM RestoreHealth, but none of these helped. Do you have any ideas? Thanks!

Windows 10 icons do not update in search [​IMG]

:)

Pavel Sopnev, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Apr 4, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 icons do not update in search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 icons do not update in search

1. Windows 10 icons do not update in search - Similar Threads - icons update search

2. Search icon after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search icon after update: Hello there :I've just updated my windows via Windows update and my beautiful search icon at the taskbar became a wide unnecessary search bar ruining the minimal design of my taskbar, I just hate it, this made me turn off search altogether, couldn't find an option to just...
  3. Search icon after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search icon after update: Hello there :I've just updated my windows via Windows update and my beautiful search icon at the taskbar became a wide unnecessary search bar ruining the minimal design of my taskbar, I just hate it, this made me turn off search altogether, couldn't find an option to just...
  4. How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?: Just a few days ago, my computer updated because I went to the computer repair shop to have all of the Microsoft Office Tools installed. I've been desperately trying to free up RAM on my Toshiba Satellite computer, and I think either the clean boot or the update must have...
  5. Broken icons in windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in windows 10 search: I'm Russian. About a week ago, when searching, the icons of standard applications such as: Cortana, Parameters ... I tried to fix it via Win + R using the command ie4uinit.exe -show - it did not help. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow didn't help...
  6. Broken icons in windows 10 search

Broken icons in windows 10 search: I'm Russian. About a week ago, when searching, the icons of standard applications such as: Cortana, Parameters ... I tried to fix it via Win + R using the command ie4uinit.exe -show - it did not help. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow didn't help...
  7. windows 10 search icons blank with a photo icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 search icons blank with a photo icon: some of my applications mostly microsoft are getting replaced with blank photo icons it only appears on the search bar not startmenu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-icons-blank-with-a-photo-icon/3757b341-5c2f-422f-8c59-b91ce7b00b54
  8. Search bar main icons "W10 taskbar" do not update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar main icons "W10 taskbar" do not update?: I just Restored the PC and the same previous main apps in the search bar "taskbar" will not update, like a visual bug. The main apps in the search bar don't change, see: https://i.imgur.com/k6YMDlj.png The search bar "taskbar" works perfectly 100%, the only problem are the...
  9. Search bar main icons "W10 taskbar" do not update?

Search bar main icons "W10 taskbar" do not update?: I just Restored the PC and the same previous main apps in the search bar "taskbar" will not update, like a visual bug. The main apps in the search bar don't change, see: https://i.imgur.com/k6YMDlj.png The search bar "taskbar" works perfectly 100%, the only problem are the...
  10. Search bar main icons "W10 taskbar" do not update?

in Cortana