Windows 10: Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken"

Discus and support Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken" in Cortana to solve the problem; A few days ago I accidently cut the power to my PC and when I turned it back on, all Icons in the search bar started appearing as broken. Screenshot:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Flauschi_XD, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken"

A few days ago I accidently cut the power to my PC and when I turned it back on, all Icons in the search bar started appearing as broken.

Screenshot:
    Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken" 399c50b7-0ea8-4e0e-bc57-b216cec9dcea?upload=true.png

I first thought that this could be a issue with the Icon cache, but I reset and rebuilt it multiple times and the problem was still not fixed.

:)

Flauschi_XD, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Ge285 Win User

Search icon does not appear on the task bar

I have a laptop and a recently I bought a desktop Pc running windows 10 home edition. The search icon (next to the windows symbol) does not appear on the task bar on the Pc. It does show on the laptop however. Why is it that? I click on the task bar
    with the right button of the mouse and a list appears containing the “search” link on the laptop but that does not appear on the Pc. Also the “cascade windows”, “Show windows stacked” and “show windows side by side” appear grey that is inactive. Both laptop
    and Pc run windows 10 Home edition. Could it be something wrong with the installation? I bought the Pc (a Dell inspiron) recently and today I installed the software. But why is it that the search icon does not show on the task bar and actually it is missing
    from the list that appears when I click on the task bar with the right button of the mouse? Any help would be welcome.

Ge285, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Nick_2 Win User
    Broken Icons Appearing

Hi Marilou Ser,

Well..

• When did the issue start?
    Well, I had it for a long time, then I was done and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro with Microsoft Update Tool. It worked fine for a short period of time. I think it appeared in 25th of July, maybe on 24th.

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    Not really. When I had it earlier, I searched in YouTube for a solution. There was a way how to solve it. Like I remember, I needed to delete "Icon cache", which was located in "%appdata%/Local", so I deleted, restarted my computer, but it didn't fix anything.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    I think that in my case Troubleshooting won't help. Yes, I have don't some little research there and didn't find my category.

• Does it happen to all the apps icon you are trying to search?
    When I am pressing Windows button and start typing "Settings" it shows "Settings", but with a broken icon. "Settings" opens and works fine. But like I said the earlier only thing that isn't working is the icon.

Best regards.

Nick_2, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken"

Broken Icons Appearing

Hi Nick,

We still can't identify what causing this broken icons issue. To get more closely at the root cause, we need additional information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does it happen to all the apps icon you are trying to search?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken"

1. Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken" - Similar Threads - Icons search bar

2. search bar broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar broken?: So when I change tabs, the search tab opens and closes around two, and then it goes back to normal.This is the video link thank you for your help.I use opera gx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-broken/f2bfcc23-b57a-43ea-ba35-ef28d0f3c7a4
  3. Broken search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken search bar: My search bar doesn't work every time Windows does a security update. The troubleshooter says fixed, but it lies! The only thing I have been able to do is uninstall the update causing the issue but I don't want to have security issues. Please help! Thank you. :...
  4. Broken icons in windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in windows 10 search: I'm Russian. About a week ago, when searching, the icons of standard applications such as: Cortana, Parameters ... I tried to fix it via Win + R using the command ie4uinit.exe -show - it did not help. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow didn't help...
  5. Broken icons in windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken icons in windows 10 search: I'm Russian. About a week ago, when searching, the icons of standard applications such as: Cortana, Parameters ... I tried to fix it via Win + R using the command ie4uinit.exe -show - it did not help. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow didn't help...
  6. Broken icons in windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search bar broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar broken: My search stopped working a few days ago, and when I opened it, it closed.As it lets me type and then disappears when I continue, it does not show any results or error messages....
  8. Windows 10 search broken icons

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search broken icons: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, I have a problem with applications in search not displaying their icons. Most of the apps are the ones coming from Windows Store. Even the Windows Store has a broken icon. Any way to fix this?...
  9. Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop: Does anyone have any idea what this is? It has been like this for quite some time, I have tried factory resetting the laptop mutliple times and no luck. [IMG]...
  10. Search bar broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar broken: i cant search what the hell? ive tried everything, restarting search.UI, troubleshooting, restarting the PC. does anybody experiecne the same thing? ive tried to upload a screenshot but somehow reddit gave me an error submitted by /u/boigang420 [link] [comments]...