Windows 10: Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup

Discus and support Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I`m using windows 10 pro with an NVME ssd drive but @ windows bootup desktop icons load very slowly.Pls assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rachitha kaushan, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup

I`m using windows 10 pro with an NVME ssd drive but @ windows bootup desktop icons load very slowly.Pls assist

:)

Rachitha kaushan, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Jul 25, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup

1. Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup - Similar Threads - icons loading extremely

2. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  3. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  4. Extreme problems with windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extreme problems with windows 10 startup: Hi Microsoft,I am having some extreme difficulties that I cannot find any solutions to anywhere on the internet. Let me quickly give some context: I was letting my computer do an update overnight. I logged in and got a screen saying “Hi Luke” and then a series of similar ones...
  5. Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders: Constantly, over multiple installations, I've been having issues with the loading of thumbnails, so much so that I've just come to the conclusion that it's a standard issue with Windows 10. Several times a day, whenever I open my download folder or other picture folders,...
  6. Netflix Loads Slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netflix Loads Slowly: I have two ethernet connected Win 10 Home PC's with the Netflix app installed. Netflix has always loaded quickly on PC1. PC2 was as fast as PC1 up until one month ago. PC2 has a NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti card. Now, PC2 loads both Netflix and content very slowly (minutes). No...
  7. Bing Loads Slowly On Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Loads Slowly On Windows 10: So yeah, I know this sounds weird or not accurate but Bing loads slowly on my windows 10 machine (slow on both IE and Edge). Loads quickly on both my Windows 7 and 8.1 machines. I first noticed this after the most recent windows 10 update. FYI, all other sites load quickly on...
  8. All 3 Internal Hard Drive's are loading up extremely slowly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All 3 Internal Hard Drive's are loading up extremely slowly?: PC Parts List - https://pcpartpicker.com/user//saved/V4n23C CDI - Imgur Running Windows 10. Issue began yesterday, Windows Explorer takes forever to load up when accessing any of the 3 HDD's (my OS is on an SSD, which hasn't shown any problem). This...
  9. Folder icons load slowly when opening the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder icons load slowly when opening the Start Menu: Hello everyone, I have a laptop (Dell E7440 -i5 4300U with onboard graphics, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD) with fully updated Windows 10 Pro x64 installed. After upgrading (through Windows Update) to 1607, I noticed that almost every time I open the start menu, the folder icons...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...