Windows 10: Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

Discus and support Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sherwinsanto [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sherwinsanto, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

/u/sherwinsanto, Apr 9, 2021

2. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly [​IMG]

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Some icons will not display properly

Hi,

Having blank application icons on your desktop can be caused by many factors such as file corruption, icon cache issues, and more. To narrow down the issue, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you reset the Windows Explorer process from
    Task Manager which may correct this type of issue. Below are the steps to do it:

• Right-click on your task bar, then choose Task Manager.
    • Highlight Windows Explorer on the Processes
      tab.
    • Click Restart.

You can also try running the System File Checker tool and
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    with the steps on this
    link
    . This will scan and correct system file corruption which may be causing your icons to be blank.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 9, 2021
  4. GeoffC136 Win User

Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

Windows 10 Installation - Icons Will Not Display Properly

I have installed Windows 10, which seems to be working well.

Unfortunately, the majority - but not all - of my icons on the desktop and on the Metro tiles are not being displayed properly. They have been replaced by a white generic icon which a) looks ugly and b) makes it much more difficult to navigate.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated?

Geoff

I have now found that I can replace the icons by going to each shortcut and running 'Change Icon'. This is very slow and time consuming.

Is there a quicker fix?

GeoffC136, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

1. Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly - Similar Threads - Icons being displayed

2. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  3. tray icons are not displayed properly bug on windows 10

tray icons are not displayed properly bug on windows 10: [ATTACH] Hello This problem happens to me with every PC/laptop on windows 10 that I had. The icons of a specific program are actually running another program. For example, microphone icon is actually running another program called "Everything". And as you can see on...
  4. Proper display and adapter not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Proper display and adapter not being recognized: Hello all, I typically use my laptop plugged into an ultrawide high resolution and high refresh rate monitor. I unplugged my laptop to take it with me on a family vacation and I haven't been able to play any games or other apps on the laptop since doing so. When I go...
  5. Wifi Icon not display properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi Icon not display properly: Hi, after I update my windows 10 to latest version, the Wifi icon becomes weird. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-display-properly/8addc47d-2e92-4d27-8022-75cc48912c4d
  6. Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly

Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly: [ATTACH] Hey there Redditors. So I realized my Windows Search thumbnails are busted. The apps themselves are fine. If I click the Windows Key and scroll to the app I want, the icons are there - but whenever I click the Search here for an application it displays these...
  7. Folder Icons not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  8. HDR content not being displayed properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR content not being displayed properly: Hi, My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player things look...
  9. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  10. Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!: I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows...