Windows 10: Windows 10 icons not working

Discus and support Windows 10 icons not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to undo the read only attribute in the Program files folder, and I have followed this guide to carry out the process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MT269, Nov 14, 2019.

1. MT269 Win User

Windows 10 icons not working

I wanted to undo the read only attribute in the Program files folder, and I have followed this guide to carry out the process.

https://thegeekpage.com/solved-failed-t ... -10-error/

The reason I wanted to undo the read only status is because I kept getting prompts saying "you'll need administrator permission to copy to this folder" when trying to save a texture for a 3d object. Essentially I was forced to save it on the desktop, and then transfer it to the folder manually, again with the admin permission prompt. I didn't find it to be very efficient admittedly.

So I searched for a solution to the read only solution, and it involved a CMD command or two, and something else. For my convenience, the website that had the tutorial is currently offline, so I can't even confirm exactly what I did (I can't remember it that vividly).

But the problem is that after doing what seems to be a straightforward process of enabling additional privileges in Win 10, I have noticed that the taskbar icons (on the right), such as networking, volume control are now not working when I click on them. It took just under 2 hours for the privileges to be applied, and now there is the added bonus of an inconvenience. I have restarted the computer, and restarted explorer to no avail. What I do noticed is that I can save textures in the folder I wish to now, but with only about 80% of the Windows interface working. I can't even right click a folder on the taskbar.

Has anybody else here had this problem, and found a solution to it? I don't really want to reinstall Windows again.

Thanks in advance.

:)

MT269, Nov 14, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 icons not working

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 icons not working

1. Windows 10 icons not working - Similar Threads - icons working

2. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  3. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  4. Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...: I just got upgraded to Windows 11 on my work laptop. I don't want the icons to combine so I changed all the settings to "Never". It works correctly on the two additonal monitors, but not the main monitor. However, instead of the icons going all the way across the screen like...
  5. Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...

Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...: I just got upgraded to Windows 11 on my work laptop. I don't want the icons to combine so I changed all the settings to "Never". It works correctly on the two additonal monitors, but not the main monitor. However, instead of the icons going all the way across the screen like...
  6. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...: Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot see my Ethernet on adapter setting, and also no light is blinking from my PC on the Ethernet port and it keeps showing me an error icon on the Ethernet icon and pci bus icon and SM bus controller Icon, What should I do? Thanks!...
  7. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...: Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot see my Ethernet on adapter setting, and also no light is blinking from my PC on the Ethernet port and it keeps showing me an error icon on the Ethernet icon and pci bus icon and SM bus controller Icon, What should I do? Thanks!...
  8. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.: There are way too many people having icons turn blank, and thanks to the karma farmers I believe that even the macaques in the jungle know to try: Unpin/repin the app. sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthClear the iconcache and restart Explorer or reboot the...
  10. Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.

Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.: There are way too many people having icons turn blank, and thanks to the karma farmers I believe that even the macaques in the jungle know to try: Unpin/repin the app. sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthClear the iconcache and restart Explorer or reboot the...