Windows 10: Windows 10 icons slow to load but only after a restart

Discus and support Windows 10 icons slow to load but only after a restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a new install of win 10 on a new machine with SSD. When I cold boot the desktop icons appear instantly, however, when I restart they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hihosilver666, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 icons slow to load but only after a restart

Hi there, I have a new install of win 10 on a new machine with SSD. When I cold boot the desktop icons appear instantly, however, when I restart they take about 20 - 25 seconds to load. I've deleted icon cache, tried clean boot, disabled all start up items and its still the same. Any ideas?

:)

hihosilver666, Nov 23, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Nov 23, 2019
  3. snickie Win User
    File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Disable Search won't make icons load faster. It just disables the ability to find programs and other stuff fast!
    Naturally I tested your "tips" and still, loading icons are slow. It has to be some other thing going on in W10. Windows 7 didn't have this problem. Microsoft wake up!

snickie, Nov 23, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 icons slow to load but only after a restart

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 icons slow to load but only after a restart

1. Windows 10 icons slow to load but only after a restart - Similar Threads - icons slow load

2. Slow boot, only when restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot, only when restart: I've been struggling with this problem for several days on a Windows 10 computer. If I shut down the computer, unplug the power cable and plug it back in, and power up, it boots in just a few seconds. If I restart, it shows a black screen for about 110 seconds, and then boots...
  3. Slow wifi, only on this computer, fixes temporarily after restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow wifi, only on this computer, fixes temporarily after restart.: Recently my computer's Aces Predator Helios 300 had trouble with either connecting to WiFi or having slow WiFi. Other devices do not get affected and are connecting fine. When I restart the computer, it fixes the problem temporarily, for around one hour. I have tried...
  4. Loading and restarting slowed down to a crawl after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading and restarting slowed down to a crawl after 2004 update: Once again an update ruins my PC, but this time I actually don't know what to do. So I had a snappy Windows 10 machine, but then it started pestering me about an update. I resisted for a while knowing full well how it can end up but gave in after it said my system would no...
  5. Web Pages Load Slow on Windows 10 Computer only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Pages Load Slow on Windows 10 Computer only: I have a windows 10 computer and its the only one that is slow loading web pages. This just started after a system update. For example, just to come to this answers.microsoft.com website, it took about 2 minutes to load. on fast.com I am getting about 580mbs speed. I am...
  6. Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..: Hi I'll try and explain it as good as I can Recently Windows 7's support has ended, I still use Windows 7 and then just upgrade it to Windows 10 At first the PC has no problems at all but a few days later, well The boot time is so slow, when the desktop appears theres no...
  7. Slow loads into Windows 10 after upgrading CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow loads into Windows 10 after upgrading CPU: I upgraded from a ryzen 5 1600 to a 3600 and my computer loads very slowly into the os. It works sometimes after hours or trying to load in but when I get in the os everything works fine. submitted by /u/lilmarkuz [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  9. W10 slow boot and icons load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 slow boot and icons load: Hi. I've upgraded my laptop from W8.1Pro to W10Pro. At first everything was fine, but now the boot is very slow with the icons taking ages to appear on the desktop and the taskbar. Any ideas please? I've removed almost all the automatic start up items, defragged and...
  10. Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only: Hi there, After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, when i shut down and boot my laptop windows startup pretty fast 8 sec and The login screen appears. However when i restart windows the bot went well it start to be slow in the loading screen with windows logo 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Desktop icons slow to refresh on boot in Windows