Windows 10: Windows 10 Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 icons have suddenly become generic icons instead of the usual image of the file i.e. a photo or a video or a doc. I cant see the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MPerry48, Mar 3, 2020.

1. MPerry48 Win User

Windows 10 Icons

My Windows 10 icons have suddenly become generic icons instead of the usual image of the file i.e. a photo or a video or a doc. I cant see the actual file anymore in the explorer preview screen. Why has this suddenly happened?

:)

MPerry48, Mar 3, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Icons

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Icons

1. Windows 10 Icons - Similar Threads - Icons

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  4. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  5. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  6. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  7. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  8. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  9. Windows shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shortcut icons: I run a registry edit file I got online to remove arrows from all shortcut files but it added another thing looking like a file to the shortcut files instead. How do i remove the item on the shortcut or revert to the default arrow settings...
  10. Windows shortcut icons

Windows shortcut icons: I run a registry edit file I got online to remove arrows from all shortcut files but it added another thing looking like a file to the shortcut files instead. How do i remove the item on the shortcut or revert to the default arrow settings...