Windows 10: Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection

Discus and support Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I share my wifi downstairs so my father can watch TV. The issue is my signal is not so great to the AP we use for net and there are other networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lithorn, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Lithorn Win User

Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection

I share my wifi downstairs so my father can watch TV. The issue is my signal is not so great to the AP we use for net and there are other networks around with the same SSID so roaming is an issue. The problem comes when my wifi adjusts to a new signal, the ICS gets stuck and I have to unshare and reshare over ethernet1. What can I do to make it so that when the wifi roams I won't have to reset the ICS? Seems like after it roams it no longer shares internet over eth1. Windows dosen't care about roaming all that much, my main computer works just fine. ICS has the issue of needing to be reset if I ever drop connection or it moves to another signal. What to do? I need it to reset itself automatically if a problem occurs or not need to be reset. Is it not smart enough to know when its incapable of providing internet to a shared connection? Often devices will show having internet but won't connect, refreshing the wifi connection to the shared ethernet router will then update to show it has no internet which then I have to unshare wifi over ethernet1 and then reshare. I want to fix it so I don't have to keep undoing and redoing it, make it so if something causes a network reset then it will refresh? That possible?

:)

Lithorn, Feb 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Feb 16, 2019
  3. tfwul Win User
    Dropping WiFi connections

Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107).
    Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed
    EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000

Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ?

Note: no other applications have been installed yet.

Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection [​IMG]

-
    EventID 1014 Name resolution for the name client.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
    EventID 5000 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
    EventID 5002 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
    EventID 5000 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.
    EventID 6062 Lso was triggered
    EventID 10400 The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 5 time(s) since it was last initialized

tfwul, Feb 16, 2019
  4. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection - Similar Threads - ICS has reset

2. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  3. ICS causing WIFI to keep losing connection on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICS causing WIFI to keep losing connection on Windows 10: I noticed when ICS is enabled from WIFI to my LAN It causes my WIFI to keep reconnecting to my AP though once ICS is disabled all is good. and all my drivers are updated I made sure of that OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.804 Here is something I found in the Event...
  4. wifi drops connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  5. Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165. For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a...
  6. Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165. For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a...
  7. Windows 10 wifi connection drops

Windows 10 wifi connection drops: Everytime my lap top goes to sleep it loses its internet connection to my local wifi network. It states it is still connected but there is no internet connection. This happens everytime the computer goes to sleep....
  8. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  9. Wifi has no internet with intention, but windows 10 drops the connection

Wifi has no internet with intention, but windows 10 drops the connection: Hello, My wifi has no internet with intention, but windows 10 drops the connection. How can I fix this? Regards Henk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-has-no-internet-with-intention-but-windows-10/630b5b66-115c-403f-8f8a-0258cc92f1f2
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 6062 Netwtw08

2. 6062 lso was triggered

3. windows lso was triggered

4. error lso 6062,
  5. lso was triggered intel 9560 160 mhz,
  6. Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.,
  7. event 6062 lso was triggered Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560,
  8. intel(r) wireless-ac 9560 160mhz has begun resetting