Windows 10: Windows 10, ID code

Discus and support Windows 10, ID code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There was a time when, on buying a Windows computer, we found in the packaging a Windows dvd to restore the system in the machine in case of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rosv_297, Apr 14, 2019.

1. rosv_297 Win User

Windows 10, ID code

There was a time when, on buying a Windows computer, we found in the packaging a Windows dvd to restore the system in the machine in case of malfunctioning, or we found at least a sticker on the bottom of the computer with the ID code (an alphanumeric string of 20 numbers or letters identifying the copy of Windows we had bought with that computer).

Thing are no longer so easy.

I own two rather new computers with Windows 10 but, should anything happen to them, I could possibly restore their software with the recovery drives I made. Even so though, if the restored system is not validated for some reason, how can I claim my rightful status of customer if I cannot report the ID codes of the copies of Windows 10 operating in those two computers?

My question is: now that both computers work fine, is there for me a way to extract from them their ID code (the alphanumeric string with 4 clusters of 5 numbers or letters)?

:)

rosv_297, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 14, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Windows 10, ID code

Subsystem ID mismatch

Run atiwinflash from the DOS prompt in Windows. Follow the steps listed in the HD6950 mod article for DOS flashing.

cadaveca, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, ID code

1. Windows 10, ID code - Similar Threads - code

2. How can I get a call instead of text for my verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a call instead of text for my verification code: Hi after a silly update, I'm no longer able to login into my computer nor my microsoft account because it asks for a verification code. There's no calling the code option and just text. I need to get it called because the phone that is linked to this account is a landline...
  3. How can I get a call instead of text for my verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a call instead of text for my verification code: Hi after a silly update, I'm no longer able to login into my computer nor my microsoft account because it asks for a verification code. There's no calling the code option and just text. I need to get it called because the phone that is linked to this account is a landline...
  4. Stop code system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code system thread exception not handled: I’m trying to reset my laptop since i have to sell it.If i try to reset the pc this problem occurs.It occurs also i i try to enter safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/c6bd7eda-2383-438f-9d46-5566b606f474
  5. Stop code system thread exception not handled

Stop code system thread exception not handled: I’m trying to reset my laptop since i have to sell it.If i try to reset the pc this problem occurs.It occurs also i i try to enter safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-system-thread-exception-not-handled/c6bd7eda-2383-438f-9d46-5566b606f474
  6. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it: i have ran the trouble shooter and idk what to do : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-computer-keeps-giving-me-the-code-0x80070643/43d4efd8-cd92-44bf-8296-8dbffc2dbbbc
  7. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it: i have ran the trouble shooter and idk what to do : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-computer-keeps-giving-me-the-code-0x80070643/43d4efd8-cd92-44bf-8296-8dbffc2dbbbc
  8. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

error code 0x80070002 while trying to update: ive had this issues for a few months now and havent been able to update to the newest version of windows for a while. i tried to update to windows 11 to see if that would fix it but got that error code. ive tried manually downloading and installing the update from the...
  10. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0x80070002 while trying to update: ive had this issues for a few months now and havent been able to update to the newest version of windows for a while. i tried to update to windows 11 to see if that would fix it but got that error code. ive tried manually downloading and installing the update from the...