Windows 10: Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?

Discus and support Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my desktop icons, for no reason that I can ascertain. Web searches turn up nothing related to what I'm seeing. I'm thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GF1701, Jun 24, 2020.

1. GF1701 Win User

Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?

I'm having a problem with my desktop icons, for no reason that I can ascertain. Web searches turn up nothing related to what I'm seeing. I'm thinking of going back to a restore point prior to the day this anomalous behavior appeared, but if that doesn't fix the probelm, can I then go back to my current point where I did the restore from?

:)

GF1701, Jun 24, 2020

2. restore windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point?

How do I restore my windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point?

RobertSchlachter, Jun 26, 2020
  3. restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

Hi MimiWoodward I'm Cristhian,an independent advisor willing to help

thank you for posting your query. I understand you are attempting restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will
    remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3.Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4.In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

5.Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select

Scan for affected programs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027538

Feel free to get back to us should you experience any doubt .

Kind regards,

Cristhian

CristhianEscobarPQ, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?

losing restore points in vista

well i found out wich program was eraseing my restore points it was acronis true image 10 so i disabled system restore becouse i rether use ati any way

skellattarr, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?

1. Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point? - Similar Threads - restore earlier restore

2. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  3. How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore to an earlier restore point in Windows 10? Nothing I've tried gives...: Everything leads to a dead end! *When I go to control panel I do not see an option for Windows 10, only Windows 7. When I tried to click it anyway it said Windows Backup had not been set, and trying to set a backup - it just said it couldn't be done.*When I just type in...
  4. How to go back to restore point automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  5. How to go back to restore point automatic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  6. Earlier restore point

Earlier restore point: Can I create an earlier restore point then that is currently available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earlier-restore-point/191c20d1-7257-4298-b412-a4d033e22b85
  7. Restore to earlier restore point impossible

Restore to earlier restore point impossible: Error Message: System restore was not successful. The computer's system files and settings have not been changed. Details: The file C: \ Users \ Reima \ iCloudDrive could not be extracted from the restore point. Unknown system restore failure. 0x8007045b...
  8. restore windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point?

restore windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point?: How do I restore my windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-pc-to-an-earlier-restore-point/d507e140-a81b-4bd8-a55f-5be3758b1006
  9. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...
  10. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...