Windows 10: Windows 10 ignores all settings and forcibly logs out, causing Chrome to crash.

Discus and support Windows 10 ignores all settings and forcibly logs out, causing Chrome to crash. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep finding my HP pavilion laptop on the welcome/login screen, and when I login, Chrome starts with an error message that it was not shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnyaLyssa, Dec 3, 2018.

1. AnyaLyssa Win User

Windows 10 ignores all settings and forcibly logs out, causing Chrome to crash.

I keep finding my HP pavilion laptop on the welcome/login screen, and when I login, Chrome starts with an error message that it was not shut down properly. Basically the PC is acting as if it's crashing, TO the welcome screen, it's not restarting.

:)

AnyaLyssa, Dec 3, 2018

2. google chrome crashes in Windows 10

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the exact error message when Google chrome crashes?

I understand chrome crashes in Windows 10. The issue might arise due to various reasons, including system file corruption or due to user profile corruption.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 3, 2018
  3. WillRay Win User
    Auto logging into disabled account Windows 10

I was able to fix this by doing the following:

• Boot up the computer, then kill the power after startup is complete.
    • Do step #1 again. (Two crashes within two minutes after startup will cause Windows to boot into Safe Mode automatically.)
    • You will be forcibly logged in to Safe Mode with the Administrator account.
    • Enable the Administrator account, and setup your normal account as needed.
    • Restart again, you will auto login as the Administrator account (which has now been enabled).
    • Log out of the Admin account, and log in with the normal account.
    • Disable the default Administrator account once again.

WillRay, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ignores all settings and forcibly logs out, causing Chrome to crash. - Similar Threads - ignores settings forcibly

2. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only: SHDR hurts the eyes a bit so hopefully there's a solution. I only see this washed out issue occur on chrome browsers for some reason - and it's recent too past two days.Screen shots and snips show up as exceptionally washed out with low contrast on chrome but not on mozilla....
  3. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only: SHDR hurts the eyes a bit so hopefully there's a solution. I only see this washed out issue occur on chrome browsers for some reason - and it's recent too past two days.Screen shots and snips show up as exceptionally washed out with low contrast on chrome but not on mozilla....
  4. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What causes Windows 11 to ignore Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes Windows 11 to ignore Power Settings?: Despite having "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to Never for both "On battery" and "Plugged in" it still shuts the monitor off. I checked NVidia Control Panel to see if there were overrides for the display and no. I checked the screen saver settings and...
  6. What causes Windows 11 to ignore Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What causes Windows 11 to ignore Power Settings?: Despite having "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to Never for both "On battery" and "Plugged in" it still shuts the monitor off. I checked NVidia Control Panel to see if there were overrides for the display and no. I checked the screen saver settings and...
  7. Reboot logs me out of Chrome and all Adobe apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot logs me out of Chrome and all Adobe apps: for at least the third time a Windows update this one is version 20H2 signs me out of Chrome and Adobe apps after every reboot. This is EXTREMELY frustrating and time consuming. Please FIX THIS PROBLEM, it is common and I am not the only one....
  8. Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.: I have asked versions of this before,but let's try again. I have driver updates unchecked and blocked because I have a broken trackpad and if it is live if will bounce the cursor all over and make my laptop unusable. This was not a problem until last January when windows...
  9. Chrome causing windows 1809 to crash consistently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome causing windows 1809 to crash consistently: 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) I'll be using chrome just fine then i'll get a green screen of death PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA It seems to happen whenever i open chrome back up and i get the pop up that says chrome crashed, so i want to restore the previous...
  10. Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Logs out automatically ( all sleep/logout settings off): Hi There, As the title implies, windows 10 automatically logs out. and I cant figure out why. This started happening in the last 2 weeks after a windows update. -I dont know exactly How long before it logs out but i assume more than 20-30 minutes of inactivity. -It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 chrome crash logs

2. windows 10 ignores deferfeatureupdatesperiodindays