Windows 10: Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

Discus and support Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523 This desktop always plugged in This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wolfstone636, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523

This desktop always plugged in

This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware.

There is only one account on the PC: administrator.

I've been to: Settings\SignIn Options

I have checked all my power settings to insure that sign in options are set to never

I have the settings set to never sleep.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

wolfstone636, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 ignoring the "require sign-in" setting

Hello,

after installing Windows 10 on my tablet, i have noticed that windows asks me for my account-password (or PIN) every time I want to unlock or wake the device. Sadly, windows ignores all settings to not require a password on wake such as:

- require sign-in setting in Accounts -> Sign-In options (set to "Never", but also ignores every other setting)

- Require Password on wake-up in Power Options -> Edit plan Settings -> Advanced settings (set to "no" for both battery and plugged in)

- Password protection on wake-up in Power-Options -> System settings (set to "Don't require a password")

- netplwiz (unchecking the box disables the sign-in after booting, after that, windows still wants a password on wake)

Any information regarding settings i might have missed would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dom

DominicKunze, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Password Required"

I have signed in using my local account. When I go to "settings\accounts\your email and accounts" it shows my account name and
    Local Account and status Administrator. There is an option below for "Sign in with Microsoft account
    instead". I have never selected that option, so I assume given the above that I am signing in using the local account.

I have read the article you provided a link to and tried what it suggests, with the minor variations required for Windows 10, and it does not resolve the issue.

Note I was using the PC with no requirement for a password sign-in for roughly a month. I started getting the "....recommend changing password. Your password will expire in x days" message on start-up. I ignored the message as I was under the impression
    my local account did not have a password. The "x" days finally ran out and I was required to enter a password on the next start-up. The settings still shows no requirement for a password. But if I shut down and reboot I am required to enter a password.

The link you provided does not resolve the issue.

Any further suggestions?

RobertLarre, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Password Required"

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've tried the suggestions from Amit, checked out the link he provided but no luck. Windows 10 still insists on having a password. There is only one account on the PC. It has administrator rights. Every setting
    I can find for passwords is set to no password required, yet Windows 10 requires a password when signing on to the local account.

Suggestions please.

RobertLarre, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

1. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required" - Similar Threads - Ignoring setting Sign

2. Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?: I have 2 major issues with my new Windows 11 laptop. 1 I set up the power settings to NEVER turn off the system/disks/etc when plugged in. However, after being away from the computer for some unknown amount of time, it shuts down anyway, causing me to miss AV database...
  3. Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in: Your recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in. Mine has always been set to never, and it used to work, but since the most recent update my PC requires my password every single time the screen shuts off. Not even when it goes to...
  4. Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in: Your recent windows 10 updates broke Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in. Mine has always been set to never, and it used to work, but since the most recent update my PC requires my password every single time the screen shuts off. Not even when it goes to...
  5. 'Require sign-in' setting is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Require sign-in' setting is not working: I don't want to sign in every time my laptop goes to sleepor when I lock screen using Win+L so I changed the setting by going in Account->Sign-in Option->Require sign-in and made it to never. But still every time I lock screen it is prompting for password.I have tried other...
  6. Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Hello Blocks 'Require Sign-in' settings: This is to get info out to those that have been plagued by Windows 10 failure to support users that didn't buy their products or companies that didn't buy licenses or include all features for Windows 'Hello'. If you have a PIN and/or a fingerprint enabled, you can use...
  7. power settings ignored

power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  8. Windows 10 sign in requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 sign in requirement: Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience. I was able...
  9. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  10. Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.: I have asked versions of this before,but let's try again. I have driver updates unchecked and blocked because I have a broken trackpad and if it is live if will bounce the cursor all over and make my laptop unusable. This was not a problem until last January when windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sign in required

2. windows 10 ignoring sign in settings

3. no sign in required windows 10

4. no sign on required,
  5. lockscreen ignores settings,
  6. windows ignoring require sign in option