Windows 10: Windows 10 illegaly activated to Pro version. Need help to revert

Discus and support Windows 10 illegaly activated to Pro version. Need help to revert in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I own an Acer laptop. It came with Win 10 Home edition per-activated. I gave my friend to reinstall Windows 10 for me. In his work of excellence, he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlphaRomeoChrli, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 illegaly activated to Pro version. Need help to revert

I own an Acer laptop. It came with Win 10 Home edition per-activated. I gave my friend to reinstall Windows 10 for me. In his work of excellence, he managed to activate Win 10 to Pro version using some kind of activator. I totally condemn anything illegal and for this very reason I am being frustrated.

To fix the problem on my own here is what I tried to do.

I pulled off OEM key using 'Showkey' application. Grabbed the key and tried to activate it. But unusually, Windows says that "This key did not work..." and error: (0xc004f050).

I really wish to revert my Windows back to its original state. Hence, here I am asking for help.

Thanks in advance!

:)

AlphaRomeoChrli, Jan 28, 2018

2. Need to revert windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

I have valid windows 10 home installed on my system.I wrongly entered the following key
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T in activation screen because of that my system was upgraded to pro edition.I need to revert back to home edition.'

Please help.

AshokkumarS, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Need to revert windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

Hi ZigZag3143,

I don't have key because i upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1 Home(OEM).

Thanks

Ashok

AshokkumarS, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows 10 illegaly activated to Pro version. Need help to revert

Welcome to the forum. You should find a file or service called Kms or similar like autokms that will be the crack. Problem is he has probably installed a different version type is OEM,retail so your only solution is to do a complete clean install by getting the latest iso from ms from the media creation tool online. Note you don't need a key it's all registered on ms servers

Samuria, Jan 28, 2018
  5. alphanumeric, Jan 29, 2018
  6. Is it possible to restore using "Reset" option in Windows?

AlphaRomeoChrli, Jan 30, 2018
  7. Reset, as far as I know, will just Reset your current version. Reset Windows 10
    Restore factory settings might work, if you get that option. If all the factory partitions were removed it won't be an option.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 illegaly activated to Pro version. Need help to revert

1. Windows 10 illegaly activated to Pro version. Need help to revert - Similar Threads - illegaly activated Pro

2. Need help with Windows 11 Pro activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Windows 11 Pro activation: I purchased a brand new Windows 11 Pro. I followed all the instructions but the activation still fails. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-11-pro-activation/30346a0f-cce1-4934-ad81-27538c107676
  3. Need help with Windows 11 Pro activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Windows 11 Pro activation: I purchased a brand new Windows 11 Pro. I followed all the instructions but the activation still fails. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-11-pro-activation/30346a0f-cce1-4934-ad81-27538c107676
  4. Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version: I have a Windows 10 Professional full retail license which I previously used to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home but will shortly be replacing this old PC and want to reuse the Win 10 Pro license on a replacement PC.Can you explain the correct method for me to deactivate the...
  5. Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version: I have a Windows 10 Professional full retail license which I previously used to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home but will shortly be replacing this old PC and want to reuse the Win 10 Pro license on a replacement PC.Can you explain the correct method for me to deactivate the...
  6. Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need help with reverting something.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with reverting something.: So, I use medal to record game clips, but I don't like them hogging a lot of space on one of my drives. So I made a batch file to delete the clips in it everyday at 12:00 AM (with task scheduler). And to make sure it worked, I tested it on desktop first so nothing too bad...
  8. windows 10 reverting version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 reverting version: I've got an update earlier last month. I decided to not update. And windows somehow updated by itself. 2 days after, when I wanted to revert it, I saw files were deleted and it has only been 2 days. And according to the policy of Microsoft, files are deleted after 10 days,...
  9. I need help activating my windows 10 Pro

I need help activating my windows 10 Pro: I need help activating my windows 10 Pro tried to find the live support of windows to help me activate it and i can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-activating-my-windows-10-pro/0ffa3981-2606-4e27-b068-42dd56760fbc"
  10. Need help activating windows 10 pro.

Need help activating windows 10 pro.: Ive tried changing product key, that doesnt work..tried everything i could that didnt erase all my apps...can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? ive had these two different error codes Ox8007232b, and also Ox803f7001...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer laptop oem info removed after reset how revert back oem info

2. How to activate windows 10 illegaly