Windows 10: Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it?

Discus and support Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/themjq [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke03fz/windows_10_image_icon_is_not_picture_how_can_it/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/themjq, Dec 15, 2020.

1. /u/themjq Win User

Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it?

/u/themjq, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it? acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it? 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Strange Shadow type Icon/Image Windows 10

Hi VidhuGour,

In order to help you with your concern about the strange shadow, icon or image on your Windows 10 screen, you may check and access the icon using the File Explorer of your Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps:

• Click the File Manager icon from the taskbar.
    • Click This PC.
    • Click the Desktop folder.
    • It should show you that strange desktop icon and its corresponding File name.

If it doesn't show, you may try changing your wallpaper into a darker type and see if the strange figure would still be there. If it is, then it might be a dead pixel that you currently have on your screen.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it?

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it?

1. Windows 10 image icon is not picture, how can it show my image without me clicking it? - Similar Threads - image icon picture

2. How can you show location on drive at bottom of images Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you show location on drive at bottom of images Picture: Previously Windows10/browser Firefox the location was shown at bottom left of each picture in slideshow without having to search every image on your drive....
  3. How can you show location on drive at bottom of images Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can you show location on drive at bottom of images Picture: Previously Windows10/browser Firefox the location was shown at bottom left of each picture in slideshow without having to search every image on your drive....
  4. How can you show location on drive at bottom of images Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icon image not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon image not showing: Images on folder icon wont show? I didn't have this issue before now all of sudden some images show others won't I have to open the file in order to see the image. I have tried the folders view option and unchecked the option to show icon never thumbnails and I'm still unable...
  6. How can I change the lock screen image in spotlight without clicking on "not a fan"

How can I change the lock screen image in spotlight without clicking on "not a fan": I clicked on "not a fan" several times and spotlight stopped working for a while. Is there a better way to advance the lock screen image, so I don't get kicked out again?...
  7. desktop icon image not showing up?

desktop icon image not showing up?: Hello! Basically a couple icons on my desktop are missing their images. [ATTACH] "minecraft" and "streamlabs" I'm betting that If I just reinstall both programs, it'll fix it but was wondering if there's another solution. Thanks for your time and have a good day :D...
  8. Icon Images not showing while searching

Icon Images not showing while searching: My computer is behaving weirdly where whenever I search for an app, especially ones coming from Microsoft Store, it has a missing icon. This can also come from default apps such as Alarms & Clock, Mail, Groove Music, etc. I've tried multiple ways of fixing it, and the matter...
  9. PDF icons show image of the document

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF icons show image of the document: Attachment 239359 These are two PDF files that live on my desktop. It happens that I use Tracker PDF Viewer as the default and I reinstalled it yesterday. Up until that time the icons were standard graphics but now, suddenly, they depict the actual contents of the PDF. I...
  10. Can't view pictures on image icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view pictures on image icons: Hi Lately I've had this issue - I can't see the pictures of the icon images. No matter what size. I have Windows 10 and all the suggestions I read here do not work/apply. I've reset my computer not long ago, so maybe this is part of the problem?...