Windows 10: windows 10 image question

Discus and support windows 10 image question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; i want to make a exact image of my machine so i dont break my head if i want to reinstall.... now in windows 7 i used backup and restore and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steven Campoli, Dec 29, 2018.

1. windows 10 image question

i want to make a exact image of my machine so i dont break my head if i want to reinstall....
    now in windows 7 i used backup and restore and chose create a system image..

in windows 10 i see backup and restore (windows 7)

is the procedure the same and if i have to reinstall with the image will it work?

:)

Steven Campoli, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

windows 10 image question [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

windows 10 image question

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 image question

1. windows 10 image question - Similar Threads - image question

2. Question about making a system image on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about making a system image on an external hard drive: If I make a system image of version 1803 on an external hard drive (using the built in software of Windows 10) and in the future want to make an image of an updated version of Windows 10, can it be made on the same external drive or is there a way to do this? Thanks in...
  3. Macrium Reflect image question - dedicated drive?

Macrium Reflect image question - dedicated drive?: I have an external 4TB drive but some of the space is taken by other things. I have about 1.5TB free. now, can this drive be used for the Macrium reflect image or does Macrium need an empty, dedicated drive? Is the image an ISO type image where, in a disaster recovery...
  4. Questions and Clarity on creating a windows 10 image from fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions and Clarity on creating a windows 10 image from fresh install of windows: Good day I was hoping someone can assist me please at the microsoft community. I need some assistance on creating a windows 10 image. I just have a couple of questions if you can provide feedback it will be greatly appreciated My laptop recently crashed, so the IT guy...
  5. Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image

Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image: Can the windows 10 Rescue Media created by Macrium be on the same USB thumb drive as the system image. I've got them on two separate usb's. The rescue media is on a usb formatted fat32. The full system image is on a usb formatted ntfs. My question is can both items be on the...
  6. General non specific question on Disk Imaging.

General non specific question on Disk Imaging.: Years ago when I first started using Acronis (back in Vista days), I always understood that once you restored a disk image from a set of either incrementals or differentials, that if you then attempted to carry on adding new backups to that existing chain that the next...
  7. Question about drive partition ~ see image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about drive partition ~ see image: Can someone please look at the below hard drive partitions and tell me what the 12.6 GB partition 5 is and if its needed? Can I combine it with partition 3? Thanks for your help [img] 107112
  8. Questions concerning restored images in macrium

Questions concerning restored images in macrium: I know cloning a drive will in essence replicate it, but I have a question about imaging your OS and data partitions. If you image the OS and data partitions and restore them on a target drive...... will the restored target drive be able to boot Windows or just...
  9. Question about imaging

Question about imaging: Admittedly I am very lax on doing an image. I did a macrium one prob over a year ago and it took a long time to do my c: (SSD 400 gigs) and f: drive (mechanical HD 2 TB). Lack of spare time stops me doing it. My question is would you guys bother imaging your secondary drive....
  10. Question About Create System Image

Question About Create System Image: If you create a system image using Create System Image in Backup and Restore and save it to an internal hard drive in an enclosure connected via usb, can you just use that as a replacement hard drive and just replace your current hard drive and use the one the System Image is...