Windows 10: Windows 10 Image Restore from Network Location not found. The network path was not found....

Discus and support Windows 10 Image Restore from Network Location not found. The network path was not found.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to do a windows 10 Image restore from my Home Network share.(WD My Book Live 3 TB) Although the windows image is visible on an other computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hans de Nie, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Image Restore from Network Location not found. The network path was not found....

I need to do a windows 10 Image restore from my Home Network share.(WD My Book Live 3 TB)

Although the windows image is visible on an other computer on the network, the computer who needs it, after following the process below, cannot find it .

WINDOWS 10 ( 1909 )

Settings /update & security/ Recovery/ Advanced Startup/ Restart now/ Troubleshoot / Advanced Options/ System Image recovery/ Please wait/ Choose an account / entered Password/ Select a system image backup/ Advanced/ Search for system image on Network/ Connecting to the network/ specify the location of the system image/”\\MyBook Life\AcerPC6930 “, /A DOS screen comes up asking

1. Username : entered

2. Password : entered

3. Remember credentials: checked

4. OK

The location of the System Image, Username and password is correct

A splash screen comes up with the following message .

Re-image your computer

An internal error occurred. The following information might help you to resolve the error:

The network path was not found. (0x80070035).

Any Help would be very much appreciated.

Hans

:)

Hans de Nie, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Galanb Win User

Win 10 Image Restore from Network Location

I have tried for about a week and a half to restore an image backup of my system from a network location.

Windows 10 originally successfully completed the image backup to the network location (share): it told me it was successful, and I also inspected the network location to see if the contents made sense: they did.

I am using the repair disk I created originally when I updated my system to Win 10. I have read and tried all of the usually suggested solutions like loading the network driver after repair disk startup and moving the image to "root level" of a share and
    nothing works. I have also tried copying the image to an external usb drive: again, no luck (there is no option to point to an image location on a USB drive, only a network location).

From my searches for a solution, I see I am not alone with this problem.

After loading network drivers (after repair disk startup), I looked to see if I could access my network location share where the image backup is by pretending to look for a driver to add, and sure enough, I got prompted for the share's user id and password,
    which I presented, after which I could see my backup image. Then I went back to the Advanced setting to select a network location to restore my image and the system (restore image utility) asked for the network location, then it asked for the share user id
    and password, which I entered (as in the previous step), and the system momentarily flashed a dialogue screen and went right back to the start of the process and offered no insight as to whether there was a problem or not.

Now, in an older post on this site - Storage at Microsoft - Microsoft Tech Community - from the Microsoft Storage Team Blog, I found the following statement:

"Considerations while creating a system image

Since system image is a critical feature to ensure availability of your system and data after a disaster, it is important to understand how some of the advanced configuration on your system may affect your options during restore.

1. Choosing the backup target

System image is supported on internal\external disks, optical removable media, and
    network locations (Business edition or above). Aside from the usual tradeoffs when picking a storage location such as performance and reliability, here are some additional recommendations
    to consider for picking a system image backup target:..."

While this post is 2009, I wonder whether the stated caveat about system image recovery only being available in "Business edition or above" still applies?

So, I have two questions:

1) Can anyone confirm whether image recovery from a network location requires a particular level of Windows OS product?

2) Or if not, can someone from Microsoft provide an answer why image restore from a network location does not seem to work for many, many people, and also, if it does work, what is the restore image
    utility actually looking for on the network location folder/file-wise and who/what privileges are required over and above authorized access to the network share?

Thank you.

Galanb, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Win 10 Image Restore from Network Location

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can create and store Recovery image in a network location in Windows 10. System image is stored in the root of the network drive. Therefore, when you try to restore, the image it should be available in the root. If you store multiple back up copies,
    you must rename all the other backups and save one backup with the original name.

The network path should be as follows L: \\ComputerName\SharePath.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Image Restore from Network Location not found. The network path was not found....

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Image Restore from Network Location not found. The network path was not found....

1. Windows 10 Image Restore from Network Location not found. The network path was not found.... - Similar Threads - Image Restore Network

2. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  3. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  4. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  5. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  6. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The network path was not found - 0x80070035

The network path was not found - 0x80070035: I have set up a NAS with a Raspberry Pi 4. The NAS works perfectly fine on 5 computers, except one. This computer cannot connect to my network storage device. When I attempt to connect, it shows "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found." Here's what I already...
  8. network path not found

network path not found: error code 0x80070035 path not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-path-not-found/8ebdc367-89ab-495a-816e-6321d6df8b0a
  9. Error 08x80070035 The network path was not found

Error 08x80070035 The network path was not found: Hello all, "Error 08x80070035 The network path was not found" is a familiar error and I have seen many helpful ideas to solve the problem but my problem is a little different. Every time I try access am open/save dialog box in certain software (some are recent installs) I...
  10. Image Restore from Network Location??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image Restore from Network Location??: I really need a help! I need system image to repair my windows but I don't have a DVD or USB with image but I have external hard drive and there are windows 10 image. And when I go to Image Restore from Network Location and don't know how I insert correctly \\share\? 92634

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restore network location cannot be read

2. restore fromwindows image netwirk path not found