Windows 10: Windows 10 Image Restore

Discus and support Windows 10 Image Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can Microsoft please link several sign in options to Image Restore and System Restore. I have researched several previous posted articles. All have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGV1947, May 21, 2020.

1. MGV1947 Win User

Windows 10 Image Restore

Can Microsoft please link several sign in options to Image Restore and System Restore.

I have researched several previous posted articles. All have convoluted and / or non-working solutions.

When trying to use some of the Windows integrated functions, like Image Restore, or Account Change Password, Windows requests the user furnish the existing password. However, use of the existing password does not unlock the function and an error message is generated. I have done everything I can to find whatever password Windows is looking for. It is not my MS Acct password, and this is the only password I have to sign into the machine; I also have a pin, and fingerprint reader set up. I can use my MS Acct password, pin, or fingerprint reader to sign into Windows when logging on or after a restart. For some reason, the password is not accepted for Image Restore or Password Change from my User Account. I am the only user and am an Administrator. Rather than try to fix the problem with Windows not recognizing the password, can MS please provide an alternate way to validate user ID so the function will work. Linking the troublesome functions to a fingerprint reader, pin or account phone number would be quite helpful. Thank you

:)

MGV1947, May 21, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 Image Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Image Restore

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Image Restore

1. Windows 10 Image Restore - Similar Threads - Image Restore

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  5. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  6. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  7. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  8. if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...: just wanted to try out something and was curious on whether this would work. i wanna reinstall windows on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-make-a-system-image-backup-on-windows-7/eea8e3bf-f22b-4f83-b623-3df79dde994e
  9. if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...

if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...: just wanted to try out something and was curious on whether this would work. i wanna reinstall windows on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-make-a-system-image-backup-on-windows-7/eea8e3bf-f22b-4f83-b623-3df79dde994e
  10. Would it be possible to create a system image of Windows 11 Pro and restore it on a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would it be possible to create a system image of Windows 11 Pro and restore it on a new...: Hi, I have recently bought a new computer and would like to transfer all my configurations and installed files and programs to a new computer from my existing computer. But the operating systems are different versions. May someone who knows would it be possible to do this?...