Windows 10: Windows 10 Image Restore

Discus and support Windows 10 Image Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can Microsoft please link several sign in options to Image Restore and System Restore. I have researched several previous posted articles. All have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGV1947, May 21, 2020 at 7:12 AM.

1. MGV1947 Win User

Windows 10 Image Restore

Can Microsoft please link several sign in options to Image Restore and System Restore.

I have researched several previous posted articles. All have convoluted and / or non-working solutions.

When trying to use some of the Windows integrated functions, like Image Restore, or Account Change Password, Windows requests the user furnish the existing password. However, use of the existing password does not unlock the function and an error message is generated. I have done everything I can to find whatever password Windows is looking for. It is not my MS Acct password, and this is the only password I have to sign into the machine; I also have a pin, and fingerprint reader set up. I can use my MS Acct password, pin, or fingerprint reader to sign into Windows when logging on or after a restart. For some reason, the password is not accepted for Image Restore or Password Change from my User Account. I am the only user and am an Administrator. Rather than try to fix the problem with Windows not recognizing the password, can MS please provide an alternate way to validate user ID so the function will work. Linking the troublesome functions to a fingerprint reader, pin or account phone number would be quite helpful. Thank you

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 Image Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Image Restore

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Thema:

Windows 10 Image Restore

1. Windows 10 Image Restore - Similar Threads - Image Restore

2. trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup: system is either 1903 or 1909 i honestly didn't look at what update has done since i installed over my Win7Pro... when i run system restore i get the error blah blah blah disk is too small. Replace with a larger disk blah blah blah.... Why exactly am i getting this...
  3. Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD: I am replacing my hard disk. I have system image backup and system repair disk. Can I just restore to an empty hard disk or do I need to install a new copy of Windows 10....
  4. So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SinCloro999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnqe7s/so_this_happened_and_the_system_restore_and_image/
  5. Factory Image Restore Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Image Restore Frozen: i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an hour. It says that the entire process should only take “several minutes” [IMG]...
  6. Restore Using a System Image that I've Already Created

Restore Using a System Image that I've Already Created: How can I determine where the vhdx is in Disk Management? I attached it to Disk Management, but I didn't pay attention to what was there before, so I don't want to delete anything if it was already there before I attached the vhdx[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Restore Windows Image Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Windows Image Doesn't Work: I am trying to use RESET MY PC feature. It is a captured 1703 image. I have winre.wim in the C:\Windows\System32\Recovery folder. I have used the command "reagentc.exe /setreimage /path C:\windows\system32\recovery and 'reagentc.exe /enable'. I used this command to try to...
  8. Restore Windows 10 from a Windows Image Backup via USB

Restore Windows 10 from a Windows Image Backup via USB: Good Afternoon Everyone! I literally spent four days, trying to find a solution to restoring a Windows 10 System Image in an attempt to resurrect my Dell E5491 from a crash of the hard drive. After finding many posts on all types of sites I went old school and determined...
  9. Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore: After a botched software installation i used Acronis True Image to restore my PC using an earlier image. The restoration works well and the PC is correctly restored to that image and everything works well. All software that was installed before image was made works without...
  10. Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main HDD died.. can I restore a previous image to the 2nd hard drive in my laptop?: I have a Thinkpad with 2 hard drives. The first one has W10 on it but is stuck in a boot loop and the drive itself is noisy so I’m pretty sure it took a hit at some point. There is a 2nd hdd in the laptop and it is empty. Is it possible to restore an image of the 1st drive...