Windows 10: Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Dont Work and Folder Wont Delete

Discus and support Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Dont Work and Folder Wont Delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Jpeg files in folder, and thumbnails do not work on some of the jpeg files. When I copy the files to a new folder the thumbnails do work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Axon1982, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Axon1982 Win User

Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Dont Work and Folder Wont Delete

I have Jpeg files in folder, and thumbnails do not work on some of the jpeg files.

When I copy the files to a new folder the thumbnails do work.

However I cannot delete the original folder containing the non working files.

I have recently done a clean re-install of Windows 10 so am quite annoyed at getting this problem with Windows 10 so soon.

Any suggestions for how to make thumbnails appear, and to delete the undeletable folder?

:)

Axon1982, Aug 16, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Dont Work and Folder Wont Delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Dont Work and Folder Wont Delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Clavius Win User
    Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Aug 16, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Image Thumbnails Dont Work and Folder Wont Delete - Similar Threads - Image Thumbnails Dont

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  4. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  5. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  6. Window 10 Folder Showing blurry and image thumbnails not Showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Folder Showing blurry and image thumbnails not Showing: There us strange issue in my windows 10 when I click on large icon view Folder Showing blurry and image thumbnails not Showing and when I refresh everything looks blank please give me the solution I try every method but no luck [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Folder or image Thumbnails

Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  8. Show thumbnails for images does not work on Windows 10

Show thumbnails for images does not work on Windows 10: My Windows 10 does not show thumbnails but icons for images. [IMG] I have tried unsuccessfully various tutorials on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-show-icons-never-thumbnails-option-not/31a04351-eaf7-4ed0-9b1f-d74682514f11...
  9. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?: Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files. Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails? 66021
  10. Folder thumbnails not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails not working.: As I am creating new folders and dragging files into it the folder is not creating a thumbnail preview. Is my thumbnail cache corrupt? Would like to apply the right fix rather than an unnecessary one or one that makes things worse... [img] 97934