Windows 10: Windows 10 impossible to recover

Discus and support Windows 10 impossible to recover in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having nightmares with Windows 10 on an HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF. A few days ago, Windows 10 crashed and would not reboot. I've since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gauthier BE, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Windows 10 impossible to recover

Hello,

I'm having nightmares with Windows 10 on an HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF.

A few days ago, Windows 10 crashed and would not reboot. I've since tried a dozen processes to try to recover the boot, e.g.:

• hardware checks: Memtest86, HDD validation
    • attempt to repair from USB rescue media: error code 0xc000000f
    • with rescue disk, attempt to restore system to 15/01/2021: error 0x8007025d
    • BOOTREC /FIXBOOT access denied
    • BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD no installation found
    • SFC: no issue found
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd ok, but afterwards still no installation found with bootrec /scanos
    • reinstall without deleting files: error
    • reinstall full: error because disk/partition is detected as MBR and requirement is GPT how come Windows 10 was well installed before???
    • from setup, remove partition from setup and attempt to recreate it: error 0xd0f82e20

Besides the non allocated space 1.8TB there are still the 350 MB system partition and 2 partitions OEM at the end of the disk.

What should be done to be able to reinstall Windows 10? Already when I upgraded Windows 7, the computer would not reboot and I lost 2 or 3 days to manage to make it boot again... Seems the story is repeating again! I'm beginning to think that Windows 10 cost me much more time than a potential virus in Windows 7...

Regards,

Gauthier

:)

Gauthier BE, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 impossible to recover

Delta6326, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 impossible to recover

1. Windows 10 impossible to recover - Similar Threads - impossible recover

2. Windows switched to Miscrosoft password for login, now login is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows switched to Miscrosoft password for login, now login is impossible: This started when I purchased a new laptop and logged into my Microsoft account on that device to migrate settings and apps from my old laptop. I planned on using both computers with the same Microsoft account credentials..Ever since I did this, the OLD laptop now requires a...
  3. Windows switched to Miscrosoft password for login, now login is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows switched to Miscrosoft password for login, now login is impossible: This started when I purchased a new laptop and logged into my Microsoft account on that device to migrate settings and apps from my old laptop. I planned on using both computers with the same Microsoft account credentials..Ever since I did this, the OLD laptop now requires a...
  4. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  5. Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error

Impossible to rename a Onedrive filename, path too long error: Hi, when creating a new .txt file in my OneDrive storage via File Explorer application on Windows 11 23H2, I get this error: how can rename this file and create others in this folder?"Windows SecurityThese files can't be openedYour Internet security settings prevented one or...
  6. Impossible de désinstaller Sea Of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible de désinstaller Sea Of Thieves: Bonjour,J'ai rencontré un problème il y a quelques jours. Mon SSD a été presque plein et j'ai donc voulu trouver un moyen pour le vider un petit peu et déplacer mes éventuel applications / jeux non essentiel sur un autres SSD plus gros et ou Windows n'étais pas installer....
  7. Microsoft account set up incorrectly - impossible to recover

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft account set up incorrectly - impossible to recover: I have a new laptop for my wife, which comes with a Microsoft 365 licence. To activate this, I needed to enter her Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I entered the wrong email address @btopenworld rather than @btinternet. When I try to log in, I get as far as a verification...
  8. Microsoft account set up incorrectly - impossible to recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account set up incorrectly - impossible to recover: I have a new laptop for my wife, which comes with a Microsoft 365 licence. To activate this, I needed to enter her Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I entered the wrong email address @btopenworld rather than @btinternet. When I try to log in, I get as far as a verification...
  9. Microsoft account set up incorrectly - impossible to recover

10. How should I permanent delete files from Windows 10 desktop impossible recovered

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How should I permanent delete files from Windows 10 desktop impossible recovered: I find there are several software could recover the deleted files on Windows PC. It happens even I has empty the Recycle Bin. I want to know is there any possible way to help me securely delete my commercial/secret documents....