Windows 10: Windows 10 Improperly Exiting Task View

Discus and support Windows 10 Improperly Exiting Task View in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes after I exit task view, I can't click any part of any window. When I move my cursor along the top of the screen, it causes my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WarrenMcQueary, May 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Improperly Exiting Task View

Sometimes after I exit task view, I can't click any part of any window. When I move my cursor along the top of the screen, it causes my computer to switch between desktops as if still in task view. Even though the taskview layout is gone and my windows are back to their normal configuration, my computer reacts to my cursor as if I'm still in task view.

I've tried these methods to get out of this situation, but none have worked.

• Pressing Win+Tab again.
    • Pressing Alt.
    • Clicking near the top of the screen, as if to click on a desktop in an invisible task view desktop header.

The only solution I've found so far has been to restart my computer.

I don't have a surefire way to reproduce the issue, but it seems to happen most often when I have several windows open across several desktops.

:)

WarrenMcQueary, May 23, 2020

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Improperly Exiting Task View

Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Improperly Exiting Task View

1. Windows 10 Improperly Exiting Task View - Similar Threads - Improperly Exiting Task

2. Windows 10 task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 task view: Whenever use task view on windows 10, I usually have at most three tasks and switch between them with CTRL+WIN and arrow keys. But yesterday I was really tired and opened like 53 tasks because I was bored, and now every time I close one it does a mini screen refresh which...
  3. Windows 10 Task view

Windows 10 Task view: Labels are missing from all open windows in Task View. They have always displayed until today - now I do not know what each window is. Just happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-view/9d5ed804-d7ed-4aee-820e-3b1d619838a5
  4. Windows 10 Task View / Timeline

Windows 10 Task View / Timeline: After years of flawless operation, Task View / Timeline now only shows accessed files word, excel, pdf, and so on and random web activity for instance, among 7 or 8 web pages I have accessed, it only shows one or two or even none at all. Any suggestions for fixing? I have...
  5. Windows 10 - Task View

Windows 10 - Task View: Windows 10 - Unable to clear files on Task View. Two calls to Geek Squad unsuccessful. Actually, after the last call, the names of the files accessed do not appear on the screen - just a blank box....
  6. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  7. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  8. Task View - Windows 10

Task View - Windows 10: Hi, Is there a way I can customize the keys for switching virtual desktops instead of using Window-Ctrl-Arrow? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-windows-10/b0b581b6-1b55-4ef0-ae02-2f1849a236c5
  9. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639