Windows 10: Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Discus and support Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago. Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike#Garcia, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

I have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago.
    Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS) update from Asus is installed automatically by Windows Update my system runs into an Automatic Repair Loop and nothing i do (startup repair, system restore, uninstall updates) but reinstalling Windows solves the problem.
    I also get to this situation with a new windows install and enabling Hyper-V.
    This last time i made a clean new installations of Windows 10 1903 Education, installed all updates and then, when i enabled Hyper-V i got into reboot loop again. I ran automatic startup repair and SrtTrail.txt said:

**Root cause found:
    ---------------------------
    A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt.

Repair action: Uninstall latest LCU
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x3713**

So i entered command prompt from rescue environment and did a:

**DISM /ImageWindows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime :D:\ /ScratchDirWindows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime :D:\Scratch /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions**

which completed successfully and i could restart and, to my surprise, Hyper-V is enabled.

The problem is i tried to enable Hypervisor Platform and shows error "Changes cannot be completed".
    I went again to recovery command line and tried to install if from there with:

**dism /image:c:\ /scratchdir:c:\scratch /enable-feature /featurename:hypervisorplatform**

which gave me error:
    Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime 21084a2b-4268-4579-9f87-1fb02671c6cb?upload=true.jpg

Then i did a dism checkhealth and i have:
    Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime 897fcf4b-48e8-4c71-adbd-6343a0e1973e?upload=true.jpg

Also, installing VisualStudio i got a warning saying:

**Package 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet45.Feature,version=16.0.28315.86' failed to install.
    Search URL
    https://aka.ms/VSSetupErrorReports?q=PackageId=Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet45.Feature;PackageAction=Install;ReturnCode=-2146498512
    Details
    Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\dism.exe" /online /quiet /norestart /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:"netfx4extended-aspnet45" /All /logPath:"C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_setup_20190811143007_359_Microsoft.VisualStudio.AspNet45.Feature.log"
    Return code: -2146498512
    Return code details: Unknown error (0x800f0830)**

So i can work with the system but it seems a bit corrupted.
    Some apps like Boxcryptor are failing to install now.

Thanks in advance. Any help would be much appreciated.

I attach links to dism logfiles.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGO9qt5lbVAqu5p6LI7jOAMTDLn2RG69/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wEnwJhk5v3Xgc5cv-9FjDzpudjBp_RWz/view?usp=sharing

:)

Mike#Garcia, Aug 11, 2019

2. Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

It appears that insider build 10547 has corrected the hyper-v boot loop issue in windows 10 x64. Running systeminfo.exe inside an admin command prompt shows that (you can find statement next to "Hyper-V Requirements:" shown at the bottom of the list) "A
    hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed." (Which means Hyper-V is now working). Downloading emulators now for windows phone for Visual Studio 2015 to see if they work. Will update later today...

DouglasHogue, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

After upgrading to Windows 10 x64 Pro from Windows 10 Home to x64 Professional and activating Hyper-V in Windows 10 x64 Pro my computer reboots. After a couple of tries it goes in automatic repair and attempts to repair the startup. This cycle just repeats
    itself. I tried many combinations of things in the bios, shutting down, nothing has worked.

The only way I found to bring out of the loop is re-install windows

So I re installed Windows 10 Pro and activated Hyper-V and same reboot loop occurs.

So re-installed a second time then I found the cure.

The cure is to enable Hyper V from Power Shell , once I did this the pc restarted a couple of times, and everything back to normal hyper v working .

CLI command to enable

CLI command to disable

BryanMckinny, Aug 11, 2019
  4. jdgriffin Win User

Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Hyper-V Feature Causes Repair Loop After Fall Creators Update

I use Windows 10 Education Edition. I had trouble installing the Fall Creator's update a few days ago and ultimately, I backed up my files and reset my PC. During this process, the Fall Creator’s update was installed.

I use Hyper-V for study and this feature was removed during the reset and update process. I turned Hyper-V back on and after the resulting reboot, my computer went into a repair loop. It would never completely restart or repair itself. I was unable to use
    a restore point so I reset the computer a second time. I tried to turn on Hyper-V a second time and got into the same repair loop. This time, I went into UEFI and turned off virtualization. After exiting, the computer started normally. After experimenting
    a little with this, the bottom line is that I can have virtualization in UEFI turned on only if Hyper-V is turned off. If Hyper-V is turned on virtualization must be turned off in UEFI and renders Hyper-V useless. I decided to do a clean install but got the
    same results. Occasionally, I would get a blue screen that read,

If you call a support person, give them this info: STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Any ideas?

jdgriffin, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

1. Windows 10 in Asus laptop firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime - Similar Threads - Asus laptop firmware

2. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime: Hi, i have an Asus FX705DX laptop (Ryzen 3550H) and i've been having the same issue since i bought it several months ago. Everytime a new Firmware (BIOS) update from Asus is installed automatically by Windows Update my system runs into an Automatic Repair Loop and nothing i...
  3. Computer in automatic repair loop - aswElam.sys is cause

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer in automatic repair loop - aswElam.sys is cause: This has just started happening a few hours ago, after I restarted my computer. Trying to restart does not work, nor does Startup Repair. It just continues to loop, it doesn’t boot into Windows at all. Srttrail.txt (after a startup repair) lists: “Boot critical file...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop Stuck on Automatic Repair Loop: My Windows 10 Laptop somehow got itself into a Automatic Repair loop. I tried to troubleshoot by booting into safe mode, tried disabling auto restart, tried disabling early-antimalware protection, and tried command prompting to repair "bootrec.exe" Still no login...
  5. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Loop: So i am stuck in an automatic repair loop which has happened before to me. I solved it last time by using the reset my pc option and it worked. This time i tried to use the option but after waiting for about 5 minutes it stops and doesnt do anything. There is no message...
  6. automatic repair loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    automatic repair loop.: i accidentally restarted my windows 10 during a update to a more recent version of windows 10. now my laptop is stuck on automatic repair and can't get out of there. i have tried to restore. nothing seems to work....
  7. Automatic repair loop.

Automatic repair loop.: PC is is stuck in Automatic repair loop. Can not get it to access advance options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/automatic-repair-loop/5fa63338-1423-41c8-b298-5222c0ea6676
  8. Endless automatic repair loop on Laptop

Endless automatic repair loop on Laptop: Laptop: Acer aspire v7 nitro Since a couple days ago my laptop goes into an endless automatic repair loop. A year ago I had a problem where it kept saying "no bootable devices found" and I went to a local repair shop. They did a factory reset en installed a new hard drive....
  9. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen: Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot. When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Repair on Cold Startup Everytime, not a loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair on Cold Startup Everytime, not a loop: Hello, I've been having an issue with some work machines ever since I updated them to Windows 10. Every time I cold startup, it triggers an automatic repair and I have to restart in order to get things running. It is not a loop, the OS will start once I restart, but I'd...