Windows 10: Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

Discus and support Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rojer5156, Jan 31, 2015.

1. rojer5156 Win User

Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I uninstalled irrelevant apps (for an education environment) and started piling on the software. ANSYS 2015, Matlab, Autodesk suite, etc.. I am impressed and have not had one crash or lock up so far.
    I turned on dotNET 3.5 in the same way as windows 8 (but use the install disc not download) and all the redistribs and prerequisites ran first time. Profile copying and image cloning has worked the same as before and local group policy can keep a lid on mods. I'm interested in any thoughts and feedback from similar users.

:)

rojer5156, Jan 31, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3 and Google Classroom App

You do not need the app. It is web based. Just search for Google classroom in the search engine and click on the first item that says google classroom. Once there, make sure your child is logged in to the school's GAFE account. If your child is a member
    of any classrooms, he/she should see them then.

VivianCassel, Jan 31, 2015
  3. coRpS3 Win User
    My first impressions of Windows 10

There is a bunch I do like about Windows 10 as well, but I figured there were enough videos and postings of people saying what they liked, and enough promo video's made showing the highlights, so I would just stick to what is, well what I would consider,
    somewhat major issues that I think they need to address.

coRpS3, Jan 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

1. Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions. - Similar Threads - classrooms impressions

2. Classroom Speakers Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classroom Speakers Stuttering: So for about the last month and half I have had a classroom where the audio stutters before finally playing the sound properly. I have a Dell latitude 3420 hooked up to a Dell WSD19 Dock that connects to our A/V system. Anytime the teacher tries to play a video or audio...
  3. Classroom Speakers Stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classroom Speakers Stuttering: So for about the last month and half I have had a classroom where the audio stutters before finally playing the sound properly. I have a Dell latitude 3420 hooked up to a Dell WSD19 Dock that connects to our A/V system. Anytime the teacher tries to play a video or audio...
  4. OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed: I am a teacher and using OneNote Classroom Notebook. I accidentally deleted a students notebook that is connected to mine. Is there a way to recover that? I have not removed the student from my class, just accidentally right-clicked and deleted it. Any help is greatly...
  5. OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed

OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed: I am a teacher and using OneNote Classroom Notebook. I accidentally deleted a students notebook that is connected to mine. Is there a way to recover that? I have not removed the student from my class, just accidentally right-clicked and deleted it. Any help is greatly...
  6. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.: I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine, install WAMP, make a website with it, etc. The problem is that doing any file operations on the VM just takes the whole class...
  7. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.: I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine, install WAMP, make a website with it, etc. The problem is that doing any file operations on the VM just takes the whole class...
  8. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Help! Windows 11 and Classroom Management Software Not Getting Along

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Windows 11 and Classroom Management Software Not Getting Along: Hey everyone, I hope I'm in the right place to ask for help because I'm a bit lost in this tech jungle. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 because it looked all shiny and new. But now I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I'm a teacher, and I use this classroom management software to...
  10. Help! Windows 11 and Classroom Management Software Not Getting Along

Help! Windows 11 and Classroom Management Software Not Getting Along: Hey everyone, I hope I'm in the right place to ask for help because I'm a bit lost in this tech jungle. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 because it looked all shiny and new. But now I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I'm a teacher, and I use this classroom management software to...