Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

Discus and support Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rojer5156, Jan 31, 2015.

1. rojer5156 Win User

I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I uninstalled irrelevant apps (for an education environment) and started piling on the software. ANSYS 2015, Matlab, Autodesk suite, etc.. I am impressed and have not had one crash or lock up so far.
    I turned on dotNET 3.5 in the same way as windows 8 (but use the install disc not download) and all the redistribs and prerequisites ran first time. Profile copying and image cloning has worked the same as before and local group policy can keep a lid on mods. I'm interested in any thoughts and feedback from similar users.

:)

rojer5156, Jan 31, 2015
  2. VivianCassel Win User

Surface Pro 3 and Google Classroom App

You do not need the app. It is web based. Just search for Google classroom in the search engine and click on the first item that says google classroom. Once there, make sure your child is logged in to the school's GAFE account. If your child is a member
    of any classrooms, he/she should see them then.

VivianCassel, Jan 31, 2015
  3. coRpS3 Win User
    My first impressions of Windows 10

There is a bunch I do like about Windows 10 as well, but I figured there were enough videos and postings of people saying what they liked, and enough promo video's made showing the highlights, so I would just stick to what is, well what I would consider,
    somewhat major issues that I think they need to address.

coRpS3, Jan 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions. - Similar Threads - classrooms impressions

2. Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.: Having sold the guts of my old PC to help pay to create a new one, I must say I'm pretty impressed at how Windows 10 handles new hardware. I just went from a Core i5 2300 on a Gigabyte Z68 MB with 8GB 1333 DDR3 to a Core i5 6500 on an Asrock Z170 mATX MB and 8 GB 2133...
  3. Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting: Hi all! I've got a lab of about 50 computers, all of which are the newer 5K iMacs. They're all set up to dual-boot into Windows 10, but nobody boots into the OS X side. The hardware is great, but the resolution is a bit of a problem. I have all the drivers installed and...
  4. Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions: My first impressions: Pros: Seems a bit faster overall - I did a complete system image backup in 00:02:09 (previously took 00:02:35) OS install uses less space (at least for my installation) Event viewer shows no new instances (I had two known issues before and they are...
  5. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...
  6. Modern classroom collaboration with Office 365 for Education

in Windows 10 News
    Modern classroom collaboration with Office 365 for Education: At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that education unlocks potential and that technology can play a decisive role in helping the students of today create the world of tomorrow. At our event in...
  7. Join educators from around the world for Hack the Classroom on June 27

in Windows 10 News
    Join educators from around the world for Hack the Classroom on June 27: On June 27 at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) conference, we will be bringing together educators from around the world to Hack the Classroom. [img] This year’s Hack the Classroom event will be streaming live from the floor at ISTE,...
  8. Impression of OS 10 to date?

in Windows 10 Support
    Impression of OS 10 to date?: I may be new to this Forum, however I get the impression from the number and variety of posts, that 10 has been rushed through and has too many flaws. This may have been that MS CEO demanded too short a timescale, Investor pressure, or the Code writers @ MS are just not...
  9. New Innovations for Classroom with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Innovations for Classroom with Windows 10 Anniversary Update: At Build, we announced the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Today, I’m excited to share additional features for educators and students, alongside other education news today from Microsoft. Today, Windows is the leading global platform for K-12 education. Our enduring goal is...
  10. What is new with OneNote in the classroom

in Windows 10 News
    What is new with OneNote in the classroom: Today, we are rolling out updates for the OneNote Class Notebook add-in, including new Learning Management System (LMS) and Student Information System (SIS) assignment and grade integration for Edsby. To see the full list of over 40 committed education partners, please visit...