Windows 10: Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

Discus and support Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rojer5156, Jan 31, 2015.

1. rojer5156 Win User

Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

I installed the preview on a stock Dell Optiplex 780 with a NVS420. W8 nvidia drivers worked perfectly. W7 Audio drivers from Dell also work. I uninstalled irrelevant apps (for an education environment) and started piling on the software. ANSYS 2015, Matlab, Autodesk suite, etc.. I am impressed and have not had one crash or lock up so far.
    I turned on dotNET 3.5 in the same way as windows 8 (but use the install disc not download) and all the redistribs and prerequisites ran first time. Profile copying and image cloning has worked the same as before and local group policy can keep a lid on mods. I'm interested in any thoughts and feedback from similar users.

:)

rojer5156, Jan 31, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3 and Google Classroom App

You do not need the app. It is web based. Just search for Google classroom in the search engine and click on the first item that says google classroom. Once there, make sure your child is logged in to the school's GAFE account. If your child is a member
    of any classrooms, he/she should see them then.

VivianCassel, Jan 31, 2015
  3. coRpS3 Win User
    My first impressions of Windows 10

There is a bunch I do like about Windows 10 as well, but I figured there were enough videos and postings of people saying what they liked, and enough promo video's made showing the highlights, so I would just stick to what is, well what I would consider,
    somewhat major issues that I think they need to address.

coRpS3, Jan 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions.

1. Windows 10 in classrooms - first impressions. - Similar Threads - classrooms impressions

2. using Zoom classroom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using Zoom classroom: Does anyone know what was hacked in the recentZoom classroom hacking? My understanding was the hacker managed to enter the classroom and disrupt the class. That would indicate that the teachers entrance password was hacked. Can hackers hack any of the students who use the...
  3. Zoom classroom security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zoom classroom security: Hi, I plan on taking a language class that uses Zoom classroom for the class instruction lessons with the teacher. I read that Zoom suffered a large hack recently. Does a hack to zoom effect students enrolled for the class since the students do not enter their name or...
  4. The new Microsoft Edge is ready for the (virtual) classroom

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge is ready for the (virtual) classroom: [img] With remote learning, has come new challenges—not only for students, who may be learning online for the first time, but also for teachers, who must learn to support them in the process. Instruction, discussion, and feedback have all moved online overnight...
  5. Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account - how do i block youtube.com but allow videos to be played on google classroom?: This is a real pain - I can block youtube.com but then my kid can't access learning lessons videos within google classroom, even though that link is drive.google.com. Is there a way to ban "youtube.com" and only "youtube.com?" so any variation of that url will work?...
  6. Microsoft Teams meetings for the classroom

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams meetings for the classroom: Over the last few weeks, schools have been working tirelessly to enable distance learning for their students and faculty. We’ve heard directly from many of you about engaging students in lessons, encouraging student to student collaboration, and facilitating staff...
  7. Copying a document from printer to google classroom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying a document from printer to google classroom: Hello, I need help to know how to copy a document from my Epson printer to google classroom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-a-document-from-printer-to-google/47f5b636-b6c0-4da7-9b71-f3e0e0db9b71
  8. Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing Windows 10 in a Virtual Classroom.: Hello Everyone, I am trying to figure out how to license my use case properly. I am a technical trainer that uses a virtual classroom of Windows 10 Enterprise computers. The classes range from 2 hours to a full week. We have traditionally spun up a image that is in a...
  9. CAMERA not working with new classroom format in my app - works in the old format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAMERA not working with new classroom format in my app - works in the old format: Hi. I work online teaching English. My company has launched a new teaching platform- now my camera works fine in the old teaching platform which I still teach but it doesn't work in the new teaching platform. Both platforms are through the same app- the one that works has 4...
  10. Best Classroom Courses To Learn Software Embedded Engineering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best Classroom Courses To Learn Software Embedded Engineering: Hello, What are the best courses to learn Embedded Engineering? I'm a good programmer in just about any computer language you can mention. But for example, I don't know how to use the multitude of protocols to talk to the hardware. Some easy examples of these protocols...