Windows 10: Windows 10 in perpetual Beta testing mode

Discus and support Windows 10 in perpetual Beta testing mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think Windows 10 and Edge should not have been released to the public. With constant new builds being put out, it makes me feel like I am still in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Windows 10 in perpetual Beta testing mode

I think Windows 10 and Edge should not have been released to the public.

With constant new builds being put out, it makes me feel like I am still in the Insider Program going through each new build. It is as though Windows 10 is in a perpetual beta testing mode. The update process is not really an update process, just giving minor fixes and security changes, but it is really more an upgrade tool. Anything that takes 3 hours to download and upgrade and reinstall a new OS, is not updating but upgrading.

I am of the belief if it wasn't ready for release, they should have waited. And Edge is even worse, Edge feels like it is 60% done. You can't reset it, it has no bookmarks manager, it has none of it's supposed extensions. Here again, it just feels like an unfinished product.

The free OS thing, is more like, "Oh, it's free because we aren't finished with it, so if it has bugs, don't blame us".

I just don't see what good any of this does for Microsoft, it has had issues after issues after issues. Why would they release it like this. Makes no sense to me.

:)

Trust_No1, Sep 21, 2015

2. Is the new win 10 upgrade a perpetual beta or is it a full upgrade?

* Original Title: Win 10 Upgrade

I know this question has been beaten to death, but I need to know. Is the new win 10 upgrade a perpetual beta or is it a full upgrade. I've heard it's a forever beta.

FrankMaximchuk, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - what can do better?

"Windows 10 is SUPPOSED to be designed for Stability and for being User Friendly, and it fails at both. Nice try, but no instead we got a perpetual BETA test OS."

You are 100% right. Microsoft try develop same O/S for a 3 platforms. "A drunk idea".

This is definitely wrong. Windows is 1) operating system for normal computers (PC) not for gadgets. Let gadgets play with others O/S.

Microsoft !!!!! FOCUS ON desktop computers !!!!!!

Jacek.01BER, Sep 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The 10240 build is working better than any other Windows version has on my 7 computers, so I would say they released it at the right time for me. With hundreds of thousands of different computer components in billions of different combinations - it would be impossible to get it to work 100% on every possible combination.

NavyLCDR, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Porthos Win User
    Lately most my calls are about the pop up call a number to fix and I ask what browser and they have all said EDGE.... *Doh

Porthos, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 in perpetual Beta testing mode - Similar Threads - perpetual Beta testing

2. Test mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Test mode: So I installed windows 10 on my cousin’s raspberry pi 4. It booted up on test mode. I disabled it but I couldn’t boot it up after and had to reinstall windows. What can I do? Is it ok to just let it run and use it on test mode? Also our wifi is not showing up on available...
  3. Test mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test mode: Hey I've been having this test mode issue for years and I've tried bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF and it did not work and I can't find a solution to my problem also it happens every 4hours when the pc is on. Windows 10 pro version 2004 Os build 19041.388 installed on...
  4. TEST MODE

TEST MODE: COMO FAÇO PRA REMOVER O MODO TESTE DO MEU NOTEBOOK, QUANDO COLOCO bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF, APARECE "Erro ao definir os dados do elemento. O valor está protegido pela política de Inicialização Segura e não pode ser modificado ou excluído." COMO RESOLVO?...
  5. Windows 10 test mode

Windows 10 test mode: I can't remove Test Mode from my computer. I did some steps from Microsoft website but didn't solve my problem. Show this message: "Error while defining the element data. The value is protected by the Safe Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted." Could you help...
  6. Windows 10 Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Test Mode watermark: Hi, My PC puts a watermark on the bottom right with "Test Mode" written. https://imgur.com/jUAnLqs I looked for a solution to this problem on my side and I found several discussions which said to make a "bcdedit /set testsigning off" command, so I did it and then I restart...
  7. windows test mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows test mode: why on windows test mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-test-mode/7c9ade43-97b1-4613-bc79-a0e681779c89
  8. Test mode

Test mode: Hi. My PC says my Windows 10 is in 'test mode' ?? help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/test-mode/263c0b98-195b-40a9-84dd-edce0e47bb61
  9. Bitdefender 2018 Beta testing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender 2018 Beta testing: Bitdefender 2018 Beta has started. Until June 29th, you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the chance to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our security hub, Bitdefender Central. We’ve...
  10. Is Windows 10 a perpetual beta?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 10 a perpetual beta?: Is Windows 10 a perpetual beta? Source 1 MICROSOFT WILL RELEASE the RTM edition of Windows 10 to its partners later this week, according to a report at The Verge. It's a significant milestone, but it would be wrong to call this the 'finished product' as Windows 10...