Windows 10: Windows 10 In Place Update - can't remove Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from Programs and Features

Discus and support Windows 10 In Place Update - can't remove Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from Programs and Features in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this. We've been upgrading our Windows 7 workstations to Windows 10 via inplace update. How do we get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mikaela_078, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 In Place Update - can't remove Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from Programs and Features

I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this.

We've been upgrading our Windows 7 workstations to Windows 10 via inplace update. How do we get Adobe Flash Player # ActiveX out of Programs and Features if Flash is now integrated into Windows 10? Programs and Features is showing an outdated version. C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx has the current version that was installed via SCUP.

thanks!

:)

Mikaela_078, Apr 11, 2019
  2. peoman Win User

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Problem

Windows 10 comes with native Adobe Flash Player installed.
    When i try to use a program that uses Adobe Flash ActiveX, it just crashes.

If i remove native Flash (using install_wim_tweak.exe) and install Flash from Adobe, the program works fine but Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are unable to play any flash content.

Is there a way to install Adobe's Flash and also keep the native?
    Is there any other workaround?

peoman, Apr 11, 2019
  3. I can't find Adobe Flash Player

Hi Manal,

I realize that you are unable to find Adobe Flash player in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. I will try to help you with this issue.

To check if Adobe software package is installed on the PC, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Programs and Features.

• You will get the list of all installed programs on the PC.

Suggest you to refer to these articles to check if that helps.

Flash Player / Enable for Internet Explorer: Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Flash Player is integrated with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. You do not need to install Flash Player.

Enable Flash Player in Edge: Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 In Place Update - can't remove Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from Programs and Features

Is Adobe Flash Player needed in Windows 10 ?

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• When did you get the Adobe Flash Player message?
    Adobe Flash Player helps you to play videos online.

If you are unable to play video online, download the Adobe flash player from Adobe website link.

If you are getting this Adobe Flash Player message, while using IE, I suggest you to follow the steps in the article, mentioned below.

Flash Player Help

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 In Place Update - can't remove Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from Programs and Features

1. Windows 10 In Place Update - can't remove Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from Programs and Features - Similar Threads - Place Update can't

2. Removing Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Adobe Flash Player: Hello,About removing Adobe Flash Player:Removing Adobe Flash Player by installing KB4577586 update, or with the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller.2. Does it remove also files and folders from the system as mentioned in...
  3. Adobe Flash player updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Flash player updates: If there is no future support for Flash Player, why do I need to download updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/1f17e359-1e94-4294-abf9-fc9dc23457d9
  4. Adobe flash player updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe flash player updates: Why do I need updates if not supported after 12/31/20? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/b1d39773-6b5d-41e0-b069-9bfa700b0987
  5. Adobe Flash Player Update

Adobe Flash Player Update: Doesn't Windows do Adobe Flash Player updates anymore? I used to get the standard update every month along with the Cumulative update but that hasn't happened since September. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows update/adobe flash player

Windows update/adobe flash player: Since installing newest window update on 08/17/2019 games I play through facebook like spades and backgammon won't work because it says adobe flashplayer is disabled...how do I fix this issue?...
  7. Can't use Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use Adobe Flash Player: When I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash Player, I am asked to "allow once" which I do but nothing happens. I am using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-adobe-flash-player/68a89426-bc66-4efb-9dd9-df1b2f644c0c
  8. Adobe Flash Player updates

Adobe Flash Player updates: I have several "Adobe Flash Player" updates that require a restart. After a restart they still do not install. This does not work. None will install. What can I do. Using Windows 10....
  9. Adobe Flash Player update

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player update: Version 18.0.0.232 http://www.cso.com.au/article/581746/patch-tuesday-adobe-fixes-34-flash-bugs-microsoft-fixes-edge-browser/ Adobe - Flash Player 15503
  10. Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Problem: Windows 10 comes with native Adobe Flash Player installed. When i try to use a program that uses Adobe Flash ActiveX, it just crashes. If i remove native Flash (using install_wim_tweak.exe) and install Flash from Adobe, the program works fine but Microsoft Edge and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete adobe flash windows 10

2. adobe flash uninstall windows 10 in place upgrade