Windows 10: Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install

Discus and support Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago I posted here asking for help to fix my curropt windows update and a user recommended me to do a in place upgrade using the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shreyas_Gavhalkar, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install

A few days ago I posted here asking for help to fix my curropt windows update and a user recommended me to do a in place upgrade using the windows 10 iso, so that I can keep my data and apps, I tried doing it twice but it failed both times. It gets installed alright, but while boot the new version for the first time, it goes into automatic repair and uninstalls the update and I get an error "we couldn't update windows 10. It failed during FIRST BOOT DATA MIGRATE stage". I tried reinstalling with all peripherals unplugged (even the ethernet cable) but it still failed. Is there a fix here or will I have to just bite the bullet and do a clean install?

submitted by /u/Shreyas_Gavhalkar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shreyas_Gavhalkar, Apr 11, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 11, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...

Yep, better way for him, as suggested. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails... - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Apr 11, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install

1. Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install - Similar Threads - place upgrade failing

2. Windows 10 In-place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 In-place Upgrade: Hi, I'm a user of Windows 10. I'm re-installing Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool. But,What will happen if the Electricity went out during the Re-installation of Windows 10?...
  3. Windows 10 In place upgrade failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 In place upgrade failed: I tried doing an in-place repair upgrade of my Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 using a Version 21H1 USB media. The reason I am doing an in-place was that all my recent Windows updates since 21 April 2021 - KB5003173, KB5003637 failed to installed with error code 0x80073712....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade-in-place failed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 upgrade-in-place failed.: Windows 10 Upgrade-in-place failed.I ran the installer to do a upgrade- in-place and this is the result. Idk what to do, please help.Log files are uploaded HereThanks in advance,Sreedeep...
  5. windows 10 in place upgrade

windows 10 in place upgrade: how to preform windows 10 in place upgrade 1. download media creation tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 2.accepte the license terms [ATTACH] 3.chose create installation media [ATTACH] 4.check original language installed 4.1 open powershell as...
  6. Windows 10 In-place Upgrade fails : Error: "Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with...

Windows 10 In-place Upgrade fails : Error: "Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with...: I provide IT Support to various clients and have had two Windows 7 PCs recently fail to upgrade to Windows 10 using Media Creation with the same error. Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation The 1st time this happened, I...
  7. Windows Activation after failed in place upgrade

Windows Activation after failed in place upgrade: Have a machine that was on Windows 7. Attempted an in place upgrade to windows 10 that ended with the machine being stuck in a boot loop. Ended up formatting the hard drive and just installing windows 10. Have done this many times in the past with no issue, but this...
  8. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...: Yesterday I attempted a Repair Install of Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool as per the TenForums Tutorial but for some reason it all went pear-shaped… I downloaded and ran the Media Creation Tool (1803) and get the following screens:- “Getting a few things ready”...
  9. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade: Hi , I want to do a repair install of windows 10 ( new 1607) with an in-place upgrade using DVD media ( .iso 1607 , engl/us ,all the same ) because of corrupted files although windows operation so far is good . sfc /scannow , command prompt > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade: How to: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use reset Windows. Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling...