Windows 10: Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christoph Müller1, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing updates obviously. On the flipside, if I search for updates, it does not show any actually, it seems as if a list quickly pops up, but is immediately cleared such that I cannot read anything.I have tried everything I know that works in S mode, which is:- Rebooted dozens of times- Ran the update troubleshooter, which found

:)

Christoph Müller1, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

1. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade - Similar Threads - mode does upgrade

2. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade: I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing...
  3. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade: I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing...
  4. windows 10 in s mode what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 in s mode what does this mean?: what does it mean if windows says it's in s mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode-what-does-this-mean/c46eeec1-5a40-490e-888b-13e688e64fa6
  5. win 10 in S mode upgrades

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 in S mode upgrades: will 64 bit apps run after upgrade from win 10 in S mode to 10 home to 10 pro 64 b cpu ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-in-s-mode-upgrades/0b635ece-3f8f-418d-96bf-a685dc21a2ff
  6. Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade: Just bought a lenovo idea pad s145 laptop from Amazon in S Mode. When trying to switch from S Mode to home I'm told "you'll need a new app to open this "ms-windows-store" which from research seems to mean its an older version and not compatible. When I check installed apps...
  7. Upgrade S mode to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade S mode to Home: Trying to get out of S mode. Purchased Windows 10 Home, but did something wrong and it didn't install. Now I cannot figure out how to install it. Would someone explain what I need to do, please. ...frustrated...
  8. Windows 10 S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S Mode: I can't find a way to get my laptop out of s mode. When I go through the Microsoft support instructions I've found online they don't work. There is no 'Go to store' option at instruction 2, and no 'Switch out of S mode' in the Microsoft store at instruction 3. - Those...
  9. Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 S mode: If i decide i'm going to reset my surface will it reinstall Windows 10 in S mode like it came originally or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-s-mode/ed78e756-e510-4c2e-b8b5-a73fc54beb2f
  10. Windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in s mode: can you play java games with this.Like pogo.com? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/f6f8222b-2f72-48d5-aab2-72ca846934a3