Windows 10: Windows 10 in "S" mode

Discus and support Windows 10 in "S" mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've asked this before but just never did it. My question here is if I decide to go out of "S" mode which I'm thinking about, is it a good or a bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tornadohunter006, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 in "S" mode

I've asked this before but just never did it. My question here is if I decide to go out of "S" mode which I'm thinking about, is it a good or a bad idea? I just feel way too limited as to what I can do. I'm still waiting for an OS Build version where you can switch and go back if you don't like what's going on. I want to kill the "S" mode. Good or bad idea? Thanks :

:)

tornadohunter006, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 in "S" mode

Delta6326, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 in "S" mode

1. Windows 10 in "S" mode - Similar Threads - mode

2. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  3. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  4. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  6. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  7. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  8. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  9. When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...: When a device is Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that it will never get a virus, trojan...even from emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-a-device-is-in-windows-in-s-mode-is-there-a/37a24424-1730-4bee-bbb9-7a39003885de
  10. When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...

When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...: When a device is Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that it will never get a virus, trojan...even from emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-a-device-is-in-windows-in-s-mode-is-there-a/37a24424-1730-4bee-bbb9-7a39003885de