Windows 10: Windows 10 in S mode

Discus and support Windows 10 in S mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use an external cd/dvd drive on my laptop that's running Windows 10 in S mode? Thanks-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MimARH, Oct 24, 2020.

1. MimARH Win User

Windows 10 in S mode

Can I use an external cd/dvd drive on my laptop that's running Windows 10 in S mode? Thanks-

:)

MimARH, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 in S mode

Delta6326, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 in S mode

1. Windows 10 in S mode - Similar Threads - mode

2. Screen temperature drops when entered full screen mode in some apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen temperature drops when entered full screen mode in some apps: My screen's colour temperature falls and the screen turns bluish when entered in full-screen mode in Windows movies and TV App, Netflix for Windows and Amazon Prime Video for windows. I am facing the issue in only the aforementioned apps and the movie is running fine in...
  3. I guess I'm stuck in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I guess I'm stuck in safe mode: I tried following steps in my normal Windows 10 mode:- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, or by searching for "run" in the Start Menu. Run should still be a usable tool in Safe Mode. ... Type "msconfig" and press Enter. Open the "Boot" tab in the box that opens,...
  4. Windows 10 with JBL Tune 700bt hands-free mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 with JBL Tune 700bt hands-free mode: Dear Support, I have a JBL Tune 700bt headset. It's work perfectly for the music play, BUT if i would like to use the JBL's microphone, the sound in headphone is confused and noisy. I try with my phone and working well! I use a Windows 10 x64 on Lenovo Ideapad 520. I try...
  5. Can't Exit S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Exit S Mode: Hi, My Laptop seems to now be stuck in S mode. I've had the laptop for around 10 months and I left it on for an update overnight about 2 days ago and when I turned it on the day after I was unable to exit S mode. I do not have a license key and therefore had no license...
  6. Sleep Mode help

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode help: Hello, So this computer I am working on, will go to sleep on its own. It is a Dell 3020 with windows 10 business. It continues to go to sleep regardless of the fact that I have disabled sleep. I've flashed the BIOS and checked to see if it needed any other driver updates....
  7. Windows 10 Mystery Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mystery Mode: Hello! Hopefully someone can help me here. A few years ago I worked in a computer repair lab. We had a mode we could enter after we reinstalled windows 10 to install drivers and other essential software while allowing the customer to still create their own user account. I...
  8. How do I turn on small taskbar buttons mode AND have the timer on the bottom left corner...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn on small taskbar buttons mode AND have the timer on the bottom left corner...: I know it’s certainly possible. Today I just bought a new laptop with a 16:9 display. When I turn on small taskbar buttons mode, the date disappears. However in my old laptop, which has a 16:9 display, the date could display just fine. I didn’t copy the settings (because I...
  9. Reminder: supports for root certificates with kernel mode signing capabilities ends next year

in Windows 10 News
    Reminder: supports for root certificates with kernel mode signing capabilities ends next year: Microsoft will remove support for root certificates with kernel mode signing capabilities in the Microsoft Trusted Root Program in the first half of 2021. The change affects devices running Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system only, and drivers that have expired as part...
  10. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...