Windows 10: Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Discus and support Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I need help figuring out why desktop will not boot Power was turned off during upgrade Windows 10 will no longer boot No success with:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArturoLavenant Jr, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Hello

I need help figuring out why desktop will not boot

Power was turned off during upgrade

Windows 10 will no longer boot

No success with:

1. Startup Repair
    2. System Restore
    3. System Image Recovery

Command Prompt has X:, no C:

Command wmic LOGICALDISK LIST BRIEF list D: & X:

X: diskpart, list volume shows Volume 0 letter D

Cleared both CMOS and Passwords jumpers

Removed & reinstalled CMOS battery

Removed Power cord, press start to clear any power

Ran Dell ePSA diagnostic, 100% no issue or error codes

Can't figure out what is corrupted

Thanks

Art

:)

ArturoLavenant Jr, Jun 20, 2020

2. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update

My Windows 10 Pro PC received the latest round of updates, and when it restarted, it bluescreens with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

I did a system restore to a previous restore point, and everything booted and ran perfectly, but of course it then goes out to get the latest updates, and the same thing happens with it bluescreening and throwing the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error.

I followed many suggestions from a Google Search including disconnecting all drives other than the boot drive, running chkdsk /f on the boot drive, allowing Windows 10 to "auto-fix startup problems", and several other things, and it always bluescreens.

I temporarily disabled the Windows Update service so it doesn't go out and auto-grab the updates, but at some point, I will need to apply updates, and I expect future updates to result in the same bluescreen error.

Suggestions?

Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE [​IMG]

jimmyheadgear, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2020
  4. awalt Win User

Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I am converting an existing Windows 10 Pro laptop to RAID 0 - and I keep getting to the final boot where it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. What am I doing wrong? The laptop has two 1 TB Samsung 850 SSDs that are identical. Laptop is a HP Zbook 17.

Here are my steps:

1. Made a good System Image of C: drive on separate external SSD drive connected by USB. D: drive didn't have anything on it to be saved.
    2. Used Win 10 Pro DVD to delete all partitions/format drives.
    3. Went into BIOS and changed from AHCI to RAID, and also to turn on ability to do Control-I to get to Intel RST ROM.
    4. Rebooted, did Control-I, created a RAID 0 of the two disks.
    5. Rebooted, installed Windows 10 fresh. Verified it would reboot on its own.
    6. Rebooted, went into Repair on Windows 10 DVD. Selected external SSD image to do image restore from.
    7. Rebooted - verified on Control-I that the RAID 0 array is listed as "bootable"
    8. Rebooted - get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

The place it dies - I see the little Windows 10 blue window, and the spinning circle at the bottom - then I get the blue screen with the message.

I think I listed everything I did - what am I missing?

awalt, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

1. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Similar Threads - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

2. Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time: This is a very unique problem. Since Feb 6th 2024 every time I boot my PC it hangs on the boot for about 2 minutes then crashes to Inaccessible_boot_device bluescreen, then restarts, then boots up normally.I have tried driver rollbacks and all sorts of things but it still...
  3. Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time: This is a very unique problem. Since Feb 6th 2024 every time I boot my PC it hangs on the boot for about 2 minutes then crashes to Inaccessible_boot_device bluescreen, then restarts, then boots up normally.I have tried driver rollbacks and all sorts of things but it still...
  4. Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.: Hello, I have a problem on my laptop.I converted my disk from basic to dynamic disk because I wanted to add more than 4 partitions, as usual, to store large data. When Windows was still booting and I hadn't restarted it, my laptop experienced quite serious lag until the USB...
  5. Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.

Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.: Hello, I have a problem on my laptop.I converted my disk from basic to dynamic disk because I wanted to add more than 4 partitions, as usual, to store large data. When Windows was still booting and I hadn't restarted it, my laptop experienced quite serious lag until the USB...
  6. Error: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" after converting my disk to dynamic disk.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue Screen saying: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after trying to turn on Memory Integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen saying: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after trying to turn on Memory Integrity: HelloI have problem after trying turn Memory Integrity on, after restarting labtop getting Blue Screen saying: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICEmy labtop:ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd...
  8. Blue Screen saying: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after trying to turn on Memory Integrity

Blue Screen saying: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after trying to turn on Memory Integrity: HelloI have problem after trying turn Memory Integrity on, after restarting labtop getting Blue Screen saying: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICEmy labtop:ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd...
  9. BSOD code inaccessible_boot_device. Running repair media through USB does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD code inaccessible_boot_device. Running repair media through USB does not work.: I have a Windows 11 Acer Aspire 5, which I had installed Ubuntu onto a while ago. Recently, I've wanted to go back to Windows, but have encountered great difficulty in doing so and fear I may have completely ruined my laptop.I installed the windows installation media on my...
  10. BSOD code inaccessible_boot_device. Running repair media through USB does not work.

BSOD code inaccessible_boot_device. Running repair media through USB does not work.: I have a Windows 11 Acer Aspire 5, which I had installed Ubuntu onto a while ago. Recently, I've wanted to go back to Windows, but have encountered great difficulty in doing so and fear I may have completely ruined my laptop.I installed the windows installation media on my...