Windows 10: Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

Discus and support Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'll try and make this as detailed, but clear as possible. OS is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit On boot up I got the error where the start menu fails to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarionBumper2Bumper, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

I'll try and make this as detailed, but clear as possible.

OS is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

On boot up I got the error where the start menu fails to operate, and it say it will restart the computer to fix the problem. It did this 4 times.

Cold reboot had same results.

Went to try and do a repair/restore and it said it was unable to repair, and then rebooted.

Evidently F8 had been removed so I can't start the computer in safe mode.

It now on reboot keeps saying it is unable to boot and will restart. This becomes a loop, cant start, reboot, cant start, reboot....

I have tried several ways to try and get the system to allow me to do a repair. When I get into the repair/restore section, it only gives me a few options. I have tried repairing startup to no avail, I have tried system restore, but it keeps saying it can't restore. I installed a fresh restore USB drive, but it can't repair the system either, and when trying to install it keeps asking for a activation key, which I don't have access to as this was a free upgrade from windows 8, about 3 years ago. So I don't have any of my old disks, which wouldn't do any good since this computer no longer has a CD drive. Everything had been internet based.

So I need HELP please.

:)

MarionBumper2Bumper, Oct 28, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

1. Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring. - Similar Threads - incorrect booting system

2. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  3. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore show password incorrect: I try to System Restore and i checked all the passwords, but noone work.I just want to exit from System Restore, everytime when i restart PC System Restore run automatic.Can i exit from System Restore and launch windows normally?I try to Forgotten your password, but PC just...
  4. System Restore show password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore, Stating "Incorrect Password" when using System RestoreWindows 10, v21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore, Stating "Incorrect Password" when using System RestoreWindows 10, v21H2: Hi, Not to Ramble here...a few Months ago, I Changed my MICROSOFT Password .. Password was Changed Sucessfully.However, a Week or so, ago, I attempted to Use 'Windows System Restore' , However, when I got to the Part to ENTER my MICROSOFT Password, I, Entered the NEW...
  6. System Restore, Stating "Incorrect Password" when using System RestoreWindows 10, v21H2

System Restore, Stating "Incorrect Password" when using System RestoreWindows 10, v21H2: Hi, Not to Ramble here...a few Months ago, I Changed my MICROSOFT Password .. Password was Changed Sucessfully.However, a Week or so, ago, I attempted to Use 'Windows System Restore' , However, when I got to the Part to ENTER my MICROSOFT Password, I, Entered the NEW...
  7. password incorrect in system restore

password incorrect in system restore: my pc started crashing with, 'Your PC Ran Into an issue'the blue screen once in the morning and as time went by, it started crashing more often and by evening it crashed in some seconds after I started it. so I went to restore point and restored my pc 5 days before, which had...
  8. System restore keeps giving password incorrect

System restore keeps giving password incorrect: 1. Power dipped and PC switched off. When power returned I switched on my PC 2. A message appeared saying Microsoft was preparing an automatic repair 3. A screen appeared requesting I select my account & enter my password. 4. I selected my Admin account & entered the...
  9. Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore: System Restore is a feature that allows you to take Windows 10 to a state where everything was working fine. But then it may so happen that when you try tried restoring, the computer just does not reboot! The system may initiate an Automatic Repair, but it keeps booting back...
  10. System restored will not boot

System restored will not boot: I restored a backup, now it will no boot. Tried all repair options I can find, no joy, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restored-will-not-boot/7fff9b58-55c0-4b21-91b4-b83c2d63124d