Windows 10: Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

Discus and support Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'll try and make this as detailed, but clear as possible. OS is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit On boot up I got the error where the start menu fails to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarionBumper2Bumper, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

I'll try and make this as detailed, but clear as possible.

OS is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

On boot up I got the error where the start menu fails to operate, and it say it will restart the computer to fix the problem. It did this 4 times.

Cold reboot had same results.

Went to try and do a repair/restore and it said it was unable to repair, and then rebooted.

Evidently F8 had been removed so I can't start the computer in safe mode.

It now on reboot keeps saying it is unable to boot and will restart. This becomes a loop, cant start, reboot, cant start, reboot....

I have tried several ways to try and get the system to allow me to do a repair. When I get into the repair/restore section, it only gives me a few options. I have tried repairing startup to no avail, I have tried system restore, but it keeps saying it can't restore. I installed a fresh restore USB drive, but it can't repair the system either, and when trying to install it keeps asking for a activation key, which I don't have access to as this was a free upgrade from windows 8, about 3 years ago. So I don't have any of my old disks, which wouldn't do any good since this computer no longer has a CD drive. Everything had been internet based.

So I need HELP please.

:)

MarionBumper2Bumper, Oct 28, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring.

1. Windows 10 incorrect booting, system not restoring. - Similar Threads - incorrect booting system

2. Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.: Hello, I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, but unusually it won't boot up anymore. I have tried doing system restore in the recovery environment, but gives me an...
  3. Windows 10 Pro System Image Restore Failed Parameter is Incorrect (0x80070057)

Windows 10 Pro System Image Restore Failed Parameter is Incorrect (0x80070057): Although this issue has been happening for a while I only encounter it this week while trying to restore a system image backup on my WD 500Gb system hard drive to a brand new Seagate HDD of the same size. I did this backup was because the WD drive started to give me a...
  4. Windows 10 System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Restore: System Restore on my 3 week old computer with no added programs by me, takes two hours. From what I have read, it should take maybe 20 minutes, right? Is the problem with my computer or is the operating system corrupt?...
  5. SYSTEM RESTORE FOR WINDOWS 10

SYSTEM RESTORE FOR WINDOWS 10: Hello, I have a Lenovo computer, I got in July of last year. I use Windows 10 operating systems. I have tried several times to do a System Restore. Even after couple of hours still does not finish. Is there anything I can do to make it work? Please help if anyone has an...
  6. System Image Restoration Failure in Windows 10 "parameter is incorrect 0x80070057"

System Image Restoration Failure in Windows 10 "parameter is incorrect 0x80070057": I needed to restore my system from the system image I have taken a couple of days ago. The image creation was successful but when I tried to restore from the System Image the process go through and right at the very end I get the following error message "the parameter is...
  7. System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Windows 10: When I try to fix a problem with system restore in Windows10 I am told there is no restore point created. This is absurd. Since you can't predict when you might need to use it you would have to create a restore point every day! Windows used to automatically create a restore...
  8. System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Dual Boot Environment: I have noticed during those times when I have needed to resort to System Restore to fix a problem, either the System Restore failed or the Restore Points I had created previously were gone. When I am in the System Protection (System Restore) window for Windows 7, my boot...
  9. Windows 10 and system restore

Windows 10 and system restore: Would like to know if it's possible to do a system restore setting with my 8.1 and then try the Win 10 update. If not happy with the update, is it possible to restore to the restore point before the update. I'm pretty certain nothing is this easy but I have to ask. Steve 36089
  10. System Restore Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    System Restore Windows 10: How to: System Restore Windows 10 How to Do a System Restore of Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...