Windows 10: Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

Discus and support Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi hi, I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GarrettHuman, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

Hi hi,

I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in to my computer when it starts. I had used a pin number before but after the crash it will only let me enter a password, despite not setting any up for this computer. (My microsoft password does not work either) I have NOT updated it recently with anything except RAM. I have since taken that out and replaced it with theoriginal pieces that came with the computer until I can fix this.

I have tried restarting the computer at least 10 times, both by holding the power button and by hitting the restart button in the corner. I am unable to boot it into safe mode as when I try to it asks for a password, same thing for any type of repair or reset. I tried to insert a recovery disk like I was told to and it still didn't work.

Ever single password I ever had for a Microsoft account (both old and current) do not work. After trying for a few minutes, it now says "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." but still none of them seem to work. This is driving me nuts as I can't just run to the computer repair store 3 towns away to be told they can't fix it.

I can't do anything at all for my classes and I really need to know if there is any way to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

:)

GarrettHuman, Nov 2, 2019

2. Username or password incorrect

I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10.

Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password" [​IMG]

Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message

I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has been entered at this stage.
    Pressing OK, or waiting 2 minutes results in this screen

Entering the PIN or password from the sign-in option continues the login process.
    Apart from starting again from scratch, any ideas on how to correct this.

WightWalker, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Other User. The username or password is incorrect.

Try disabling "Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart" in Privacy settings.[Windows
    10] "The Username or Password is Incorrect" Error at Every Restart

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

Other User. The username or password is incorrect.

Hi,

Every time I start my laptop this error, "Other User. The username or password is incorrect", appears. My correct username is in the login box, I enter my password and continue.

So it's not the greatest inconvenience in the world but it is an irritation. Anyone know how I can stop it?

Windows 10.

Thanks!

Evan

IvanMichaelovitch, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

1. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password" - Similar Threads - Incorrect username password

2. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC: I have a login issue on the domain account Windows 10 workstations. The user login without any issue at first and after a couple of logins they got a username and password incorrect error. my administrator account also not working but I know it is the correct username and...
  3. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC: I have a login issue on the domain account Windows 10 workstations. The user login without any issue at first and after a couple of logins they got a username and password incorrect error. my administrator account also not working but I know it is the correct username and...
  4. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.: Error message on startup at login: the username or password is incorrect. try again. This happens on two machines, one being the replacement for the other which will be restored and moved to a different location. The default user shown on startup is not and has never been...
  6. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect": This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and one login using phone number to change my account type . When i finished the job i want to do , i want to change back my...
  7. Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect": I recently changed my computer's name and now get "The username or password is incorrect" on startup. Note that if I change the name back to the earlier name the problem goes away, so the name changing appears to be the cause. More detail:- With the new name, when I...
  8. Incorrect UserName

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect UserName: Hello, I installed Windows 10 last May and it choose the first 5 letters of my Hotmail username. I tried to modify that from User Account but then it kind of created a second layer of user name: i.e. I have C:\Users\cdnhe and I also have a folder with the other name in my...
  9. The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again: The installation of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my PC is only a couple of months old and was going fine until I decided I didn't need a Login password and unticked the relevant box in User Accounts. Now when I start the computer I get the following message on the startup...
  10. Username or password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username or password incorrect: I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10. [img] Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message [img] I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find network credentials windows 10

2. find network credentials win 10

3. windows security incorrect user name or password