Windows 10: Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%

Discus and support Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then whenever I am launching a multimedia app like VLC, Paint.net etc., the brightness gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debdutta95, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then whenever I am launching a multimedia app like VLC, Paint.net etc., the brightness gets increased to 100%. I don't want so high brightness and it's so annoying to reduce it everytime. Please tell me how to disable this, I want my brightness fixed at 85%. Also note that my Adaptive Brightness is turned off as I have already checked. Please help *Smile

:)

debdutta95, Jan 14, 2016

2. Screen brightness

Just upgraded to Windows 10.

I can't lower screen brightness. It is maxed, Window shows that the brightness is zero but when increase it to 100% no change.

Daniyal Mubarik, Jan 14, 2016
  3. On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

Hey guys,

after updating to Windows 10, I am not able to get the screen brightness to 100% anymore (it is shown to be 100%, but plugging my laptop in, screen brightness will increase to maximum brightness). Screen
    settings are as shown below.

Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100% [​IMG]

Maybe anyone has an idea?

I also tried using the command line:

Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100% [​IMG]

Schnurz321, Jan 14, 2016
  4. Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%

Welcome to the forum *Smile
    First you should update My System Specs to tell us what sort of computer you have, Brand, Model, Notebook/Laptop or Desktop etc. Your problem might be related to your particular brand or model (or not) and Notebooks usually have different brightness settings to save battery life. To find your System Specs information go to:
    Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Administrative Tools > System Information

Anyway, try this and I have posted assuming you have a Notebook/Laptop:
    • Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options
    • Create a Power Plan (on the left)
    • Give it a name like 85% 5 min (5 min is an example of the sleep time you will choose)
    • Select the Display and Sleep times for On Battery and Plugged In
    • Adjust Plan Brightness to 85% on both sliders. Approximate is ok for the moment, you can set it exactly later
    • Click on Create
    You will be taken back to the Power Options window

• Click on Change Plan Settings to the right of your new plan 85% 5 min
    • Click on Change advanced power settings
    Go through all the settings and change them to what you want. In your case you should pay particular attention to:

Display
    Display Brightness Check that it is 85% for both On Battery and Plugged In and change if necessary
    Dimmed Display Brightness Set to 85% also
    Enable Adaptive Brightness Set to Off for both On Battery and Plugged In

• Click on Apply
    • Click on OK

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%

1. Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100% - Similar Threads - increasing automatically brightness

2. Increase Windows 11 Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Windows 11 Brightness: I am currently using Windows 11 and was wondering if there is any way to increase the screen brightness beyond the maximum 100% limit. Could you please advise if there are any native apps, software settings, or third-party applications available that would allow me to enhance...
  3. Increase Windows 11 Brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase Windows 11 Brightness: I am currently using Windows 11 and was wondering if there is any way to increase the screen brightness beyond the maximum 100% limit. Could you please advise if there are any native apps, software settings, or third-party applications available that would allow me to enhance...
  4. Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh using Windows 11 Pro on an HP Firefly Zbook 14 G8 Mobile Workstation laptop. I am being disturbed by the 'auto increase' of the volume level. I want to explain that if I adjust the volume to 50% and watch some videos or listen to some music then...
  5. Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup

Volume level automatically increases to 100% after startup: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh using Windows 11 Pro on an HP Firefly Zbook 14 G8 Mobile Workstation laptop. I am being disturbed by the 'auto increase' of the volume level. I want to explain that if I adjust the volume to 50% and watch some videos or listen to some music then...
  6. Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging: Hi, I'm using a Dell Latitude 5480. Sometimes when I'm using some heavy apps like Android Studio, the screen brightness increases to 100% for about 3-5 minutes. This happens only when my PC is plugged in, and it's really annoying. If I don't increase the brightness...
  7. Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging

Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging: Hi, I'm using a Dell Latitude 5480. Sometimes when I'm using some heavy apps like Android Studio, the screen brightness increases to 100% for about 3-5 minutes. This happens only when my PC is plugged in, and it's really annoying. If I don't increase the brightness...
  8. Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. hp laptop brightness is continuously increasing to 100 % when it is turned on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp laptop brightness is continuously increasing to 100 % when it is turned on: Hello , my hp laptop brightness is continuously increasing to 100 % when it is turned on ; when i try to reduce brightness again it automatically increase to 100 % with brightness icon staying on display , please any one help me...
  10. Windows Brightness Increase Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Brightness Increase Bug: Hello all, I'm experiencing a very weird issue. I recently installed windows on a new drive, and all went smoothly. However, on the desktop, whenever I right-click the desktop and select 'Display Settings,' the screen gets much brighter and all the colors get washed out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 brightnrdd 100%

2. brightness more than 100%

3. what to do if brightness decreasing automatically to 0 in lenovo

4. windows 10 100% brightness dark