Windows 10: Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 on a computer containing 3 internal and 8 external hard drives. Although all the drives show up in Disk Management and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by echo14612, Jul 2, 2016.

1. echo14612 Win User

Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing

I recently installed Windows 10 on a computer containing 3 internal and 8 external hard drives. Although all the drives show up in Disk Management and File Explorer, one of the internal drives isn't listed under "Indexing Options" so I can't get the files indexed. Since I can't get them indexed, I can't add them to a Library. I can access the drive, I can share the folders with my homegroup. I can view the files from the computers in my homegroup. I just can't add the relevant folder to the library! Can anybody explain this weirdness?

:)

echo14612, Jul 2, 2016
  2. Dalmango Win User

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Currently Windows 10 Pro is not indexing some files in my D Drive.

I have checked that the D Drive is being indexed. I have already:

• Rebuilt the index under the Advanced Options;
    • Restarted the computer after adding the D Drive and Rebuilding the Index;
    • Checked that File Types of Folders are not being excluded in Advanced Settings;
    • Changed Index Properties to Index Properties & File Contents in Advanced Options and reindexed again;
    Still many files are not showing from the D Drive.

Can anyone help me with this?

Dalmango, Jul 2, 2016
  3. tedathy Win User
    indexing query - is this error

The image below shows the indexing options screen under settings - indexing options

Windows 10 indexing options shows that user has selected indexing location as Drive C

But the bottom half of the box "summary of selected locations shows

NET

Drive E

My query is why if C: drive is selected as indexing location doesn't C: appear in the summary

Is there an error ?

Suggestions please
    Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing [​IMG]

tedathy, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing

1. Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing - Similar Threads - Indexing Options Drive

2. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  3. Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options: Hi Brink, Iam using windows 10 Home version. My emails in outlook 2016 is to be indexed. My problem with indexing options is that Iam unable to modify and put the folder of Microsoft Outlook in to "Index these location" list. Earlier it was there as per below picture: [img]...
  4. Drive missing from indexer search roots

Drive missing from indexer search roots: While trying to investigate issues with files not being found by the search indexer, I have noticed that there seems to be an issue with a drive missing from the search roots. Some details that might be important: The compute has three internal drives: OS Drive C:, SSD,...
  5. Indexing options unable to add drives mounted on other drives

in Cortana
    Indexing options unable to add drives mounted on other drives: I mount a read-only nas inside of E:\ to keep media separated from my software. After I decided to make my searchui.exe feel more comfortable with my installation I noticed I couldn't add these devices to the indexed locations, but if I indexed a subfolder I could search it...
  6. cannot add a drive in indexing option

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot add a drive in indexing option: any idea how to add my D drive into indexing location, [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-a-drive-in-indexing-option/b5c3ea86-2561-4783-8ec6-a8a76528c1ef
  7. OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903): Ever since updating to 1903 I'm discovering bits of stuff missing, for example, OneNote no longer appears in my list of index options... [ATTACH] ...and my search results are missing many of my OneNote notes. Any ideas on how to restore this. It used to look like this.....
  8. Indexing Network Drives is not working / Trying to Add Network Drive to Indexing option is...

Indexing Network Drives is not working / Trying to Add Network Drive to Indexing option is...: Hello, I am running into an issue with a few of our windows 10 computers. When they are trying to search a network drive, the search take a very long time (some times does not even search) to search and even if it does search, it is not getting everything I need. I can be...
  9. Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create an Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. Indexing Options allows you to make changes to...
  10. Cannot add a Drive to Indexing Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot add a Drive to Indexing Options: Hi. I’m hoping someone can tell me how to get my E drive indexed for searching purposes. As you can see from the pic, it’s just not ‘addable’… I have an SSD dedicated to the OS and two HDDs (E and F). I recently had a problem with some files on the E drive in that I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indexing settings windows 10 file missing