Windows 10: Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

Discus and support Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ms HelpOC, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Ms HelpOC Win User

Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook PST files and the data files - Index Properties OnlyStarted rebuild 1/27/2023 - today 2/4/2023 - 9 days later only 33,514 items indexedI know indexing rebuild takes time - but this seems incredibly slowSteps to date:Windows is up to date. Dell Command and Dell Support assist current - no problemsHave run some troubleshooting tools in Windows and Dell apps - no issues noted.Have run SFC scannow and DISM tools - system okHave run a PST repair to

:)

Ms HelpOC, Feb 4, 2023
  2. RG202 Win User

Indexing rebuild is very slow

Hello there

I am running Window 10 on a fast machine. all was running Ok till I started missing many search results, so I followed many recommendations on this community and made an index rebuild. BIG MISTAKE.

The index rebuild is very slow, I kept the computer running for 2 days and I have only 7000 item indexed, I rely a lot on searches especially in Outlook and I am now stuck and not sure what to do. I tried to rebuild few times after rebooting and still having
    the same problem.

I tried to change the locations to be indexed to reduce the amount to be indexed, but no luck. I am getting as well the message "indexing speed have been reduced due to user activity" while there is nothing running on my machine other than the indexing.

Does anybody there having similar problem? I appreciate your advise.

RG

RG202, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Krisb38 Win User
    windows 10 slow indexing

I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with Outlook. I’ve read a similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.

• scan HDD
    • sfc /scannow
    • scanpst
    • rebuild index
    • Troubleshooter
    usually, this will resolve most issues, however, this Microsoft Surface has come across the workbench and still has slow indexing issues. In addition to these repair processes, I have uninstalled the antivirus, reg hack for DisableBackoff so I don’t interrupt the indexing process and run the repair for Office 365.

What I have noted is that while the system is indexing it gets to a certain point in the indexing process and stops about 400 files in, if I restart the indexing service, it then continues indexing, but memory usage for the indexing service drops. Also, I have also scanned memory with no problems.

Can anyone help I’ve run out of ideas on what else to do, other than a system reset which would be my last resort with the possibility of not repairing the issue “a lot of work with possible no gain”.

Specs

• Surface 2 laptop
    • Intel i5-8250U CPU @ 1.6 GHz
    • 8GB RAM
    • Samsung KUS0303202M-B000
    • Windows 10 home edition 21h1

Krisb38, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

Indexing Won't Rebuild

Hi ShiraAbraham, Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you, please let me know if you have tried this already

-Press Windows key + I and open Update & Security.

-Select Troubleshoot and find Search and Indexing.

-Double-click on the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to run it.

Wait for the scan to be completed.

If these steps did not help to fix “Search Indexing Was Turned Off” error, our last recommendation would be to rebuild the Search Indexing:

-Open Windows Search and type Indexing Options.

-Click on the first matching option to open it.

-Click Advanced and open Advanced Options.

-Select Rebuild and white while indexing will be rebuild from scratch.

JeremyCountings, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

1. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process - Similar Threads - Indexing Rebuild incredibly

2. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  3. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process: Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook PST files and the data files - Index Properties OnlyStarted rebuild 1/27/2023 - today 2/4/2023 - 9 days later only 33,514...
  4. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process: Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook PST files and the data files - Index Properties OnlyStarted rebuild 1/27/2023 - today 2/4/2023 - 9 days later only 33,514...
  5. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  6. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  7. Download Speed incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speed incredibly Slow: Windows Version 2004 My download speed on my pc is incredibly slow for every application, capping out at around 600 kilobytes per second. All of my browsers (Opera GX, Brave, Chrome) and Steam have incredibly slow download speed for no explicable reason. Task Manager reports...
  8. How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you find that search results are missing, no longer valid, or incorrect, then […] This article How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 10 is slow, how can I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is slow, how can I speed it up?: How can I get my pc up to speed, and why do Windows update take so long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-slow-how-can-i-speed-it-up/dad6fefb-e248-46ee-aecd-e1091e9d24b1
  10. slow start up and processing speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow start up and processing speeds: Dear all. Help. I've had my touch screen laptop for about 7 years. I'm not on Windows 10. The start up and switching between programs / apps is horrendously slow and I don't know what to do to speed it up. I have used 3.98GB of 4 GB memory. Is this the reason why it is slow?...