Windows 10: Windows 10 Indexing stalled

Discus and support Windows 10 Indexing stalled in Cortana to solve the problem; I've scoured the internet and found others have the same problem, but no solution has been stated which works. WIndows Indexing gets stuck. it will... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HazzaBoll, May 3, 2019.

1. HazzaBoll Win User

Windows 10 Indexing stalled

I've scoured the internet and found others have the same problem, but no solution has been stated which works.

WIndows Indexing gets stuck. it will index a number of files, then stall. a restart of the pc lets it edge forward a few records sometimes.

I've done multiple rebuilds, thinned the folders, and the file types to the minimum. tried removing outlook, removing other folders I really need, I've restarted the service, and a number of other angles .

i just the pc on overnight all last night and it was stuck at 52129 files indexed all night. now it's at 52153 after a pc restrart, stuck again

In event viewer I always get event 10023 on the gather, approximately every 8 minutes. This has to be a major clue. This I am assuming is related but there;'s not way I can find to work out what's causing the event.

please instead of provided the usual rebuild, resrart, thin the scope advice, give me something useful. Please dont point me to another conversation as I am sure I have scoured them all. I am sure there are many others out there hoping for something in this space

Warning 4/05/2019 9:25:42 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Information 4/05/2019 9:16:55 AM Search 1003 Search service

Warning 4/05/2019 9:10:44 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 9:02:47 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:54:54 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:47:01 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:39:04 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:30:18 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:22:25 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:13:04 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 8:05:11 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:54:05 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:46:12 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:38:19 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:30:26 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:22:33 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:14:40 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

Warning 4/05/2019 7:06:47 AM Search 10023 Gatherer

:)

HazzaBoll, May 3, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, May 3, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Indexing stalled - Similar Threads - Indexing stalled

2. Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.: My indexing has decided to rebuild and is now paused.I have run the trouble shooter. Never works.I have stopped and restarted via services.msc. It starts then pauses immediately.I do not use outlook.Rebuild starts and then pauses.I've tried through task manager. No joy.My...
  3. Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.: My indexing has decided to rebuild and is now paused.I have run the trouble shooter. Never works.I have stopped and restarted via services.msc. It starts then pauses immediately.I do not use outlook.Rebuild starts and then pauses.I've tried through task manager. No joy.My...
  4. Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!: I discovered like so many others that searching for some keyword text in files in a non-indexed folder in Windows 11 DID NOT WORK.Lots of threads posted, lot's of suggested "solutions", lot's of frustrated Windows 11 users trying those "solutions/fixed" and still the...
  5. Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!

Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!: I discovered like so many others that searching for some keyword text in files in a non-indexed folder in Windows 11 DID NOT WORK.Lots of threads posted, lot's of suggested "solutions", lot's of frustrated Windows 11 users trying those "solutions/fixed" and still the...
  6. Windows 11 - Indexing is paused. Indexing does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Indexing is paused. Indexing does not work.: Search indexing is not working/updating. It continually stays paused. This is greatly affecting my use of Outlook / search functions.I see the attached error "Indexing is paused"Windows search service is running.Running Windwos 11 Home , 23H2 version.Can someone assist here?...
  7. Windows 11 - Indexing is paused. Indexing does not work.

Windows 11 - Indexing is paused. Indexing does not work.: Search indexing is not working/updating. It continually stays paused. This is greatly affecting my use of Outlook / search functions.I see the attached error "Indexing is paused"Windows search service is running.Running Windwos 11 Home , 23H2 version.Can someone assist here?...
  8. Search Indexing keeps turning off - Always having to scan my computer for corrupted files,...

in Cortana
    Search Indexing keeps turning off - Always having to scan my computer for corrupted files,...: It was about a month again when I first encountered that my search indexing was turned off, this was during school and I searched the internet for solutions. I found that I had to scan my laptop, rebuild the index, troubleshoot and also restart and stop/start the windows...
  9. Windows Indexing Stalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Indexing Stalling: I have a problem with my windows indexing stalling on "13419 items indexing".I have completed the following tasks.1. Rebuilt Index File several times.2. Uninstalled windows update KB50045673. Run the search and indexing troubleshooter several times with no errors found.I use...
  10. Windows Indexing Stalling

Windows Indexing Stalling: I have a problem with my windows indexing stalling on "13419 items indexing".I have completed the following tasks.1. Rebuilt Index File several times.2. Uninstalled windows update KB50045673. Run the search and indexing troubleshooter several times with no errors found.I use...