Windows 10: Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

Discus and support Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had an unrecoverable hard drive error and had to restore from a disk backup. Note I restored the same drive (not a new one). Now I am getting a popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richtarquini, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

I had an unrecoverable hard drive error and had to restore from a disk backup. Note I restored the same drive (not a new one). Now I am getting a popup stating that windows is not activated. If I go to the system menu and click on activate windows there seems to be no information on what to do. This machine was previously a Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10.

Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure 888945a9-8e99-4100-b3e5-f9cc042911bf?upload=true.jpg

:)

richtarquini, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  3. OEM activation blocked due to Win 10 build failure

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

Meanwhile, winload.efi is a boot loader file which could have been resolved rebuilding by using commands regarding it. But now as you have Clean installed the Windows 10 there might be some issues that you are facing.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Was the Windows 10 successfully activated when you upgraded previously?
    • Are you able to get into desktop now in Windows 10?
    • Are there any third party software installed in the PC?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the Windows 10 was activated previously and now you can
    try activating through Phone activation.

• Press Windows key + X then click Run, then type:
      slui.exe 4
    • Next press the 'ENTER' key
    • Select your 'Country' from the list.
    • Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    For more information refer the below links and check if it helps.

Refer: Why can't I activate Windows 10

Refer: Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Eddie1287 Win User

Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

activating windows 10 due to change in hardware

hi all,

I have read all about the 'activation' setting but i am replacing hardware due to damage. therefore i was unable to change my activation setting. I am in need of assistance of how to keep windows on my drive and activate after replacing broken motherboard.

thank you

Eddie1287, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

1. Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure - Similar Threads - indicates activated restoring

2. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  3. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  4. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Computer restarting to due hardware failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting to due hardware failure: My computer keeps restarting randomly. it can go days without a restart but recently I got this error code from "reliability app" but I'm not sure where to look. I haven't changed any hardware and everything is a year or less old...
  6. Windows activation failure due to hard drive change

Windows activation failure due to hard drive change: Hi, Recently I had to replace my Hard drive as my previous hard driveSATA got corruptedNot working. For the new Hard DriveSSD i installed the windows, but it didn't get activated with windows. My lap was pre-installed with widows. The model is ASUS F556UV. Now It isn't...
  7. windows 10 activation after hard drive failure

windows 10 activation after hard drive failure: my hard drive failed HP pavilion g6 notebook PC I5 1T quite old before Christmas lost everything - unable to boot - couldn't load Norton to access backed up files in July 20- resorted to using my work laptop usb stick to access tools which has now got me access to pc which i...
  8. failure to activate after hardware change

failure to activate after hardware change: I am moving from one laptap to a newer one. On the old one Win10 is activated and licensed and shows up on my microsoft account. I switch the drive to the new computer and all is fine except that when I try to activate and it tells me that I have had a hardware change, and...
  9. Windows 10 Activation Failure after hardware change

Windows 10 Activation Failure after hardware change: Hello I replaced my motherboard and CPU from intel to AMD if that makes a difference and upon booting up my Windows is inactivated. I previously had Windows 10 that was upgraded from a Windows 7 dvd and I had already gotten the digital license. I am signed in with the same...
  10. W10 activation after hardware failure

W10 activation after hardware failure: I lost my motherboard on my laptop the other day and I moved my SSD to another shell. Now, I can't activate windows and I have followed all of the troubleshooting advice. Any ideas on how I can reactivate W10 digital licence on this laptop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows indicate windows is activated but the store indicate copy is not