Windows 10: [Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi

Discus and support [Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As in the title, I've been encountering problems with my Acer laptop and using the WiFi. I have seen several other posts with similar issues but none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frankslekton, Feb 17, 2019.

1. [Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi

As in the title, I've been encountering problems with my Acer laptop and using the WiFi. I have seen several other posts with similar issues but none match the specifics of my problem so I thought I'd ask for help.

This has been happening on and off since around halfway through last year. It always follows the same sequence of events.
    1. Chrome will not be able to load any new tabs, they will just stay "loading" (Or Discord cannot load messages, Steam game freezes, etc)
    2. I click on the task bar to change to another program and it freezes, the loading cursor appears.
    3. If I click again, Windows locks up.
    (Note these freezes never occur when not connected to WiFi)

I have tried "waiting out" the freeze but even after a couple hours passed it never unfroze.
    I have considered the possibility this is a hardware issue rather than software but I am unsure for one reason; for an extended period of time (several months) following a Windows update, I didn't encounter this problem at all. Following this every now and then it would freeze again but the frequency of these freezes changed with every Windows update. Very recently it has returned, with very high frequency.

If anybody could offer any help at all I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.

:)

Frankslekton, Feb 17, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

[Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. [Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi

wifi connection freezes the screen

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are having system performance issues in Windows 10. To troubleshoot this problem with your computer suddenly freezes after browsing the internet for several minutes, we suggest that you create
    a new user account on your computer and see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people >Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

[Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi

1. [Windows 10] Inevitable freeze when connected to WiFi - Similar Threads - Inevitable freeze connected

2. When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...: Ive already had an Conversation on an Other account with David-M.Independent Advisor. But ive since then lost my Access to that account and i dont have that email anymore. So lets start with the Important stuff: Minidump folder:...
  3. When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...: Ive already had an Conversation on an Other account with David-M.Independent Advisor. But ive since then lost my Access to that account and i dont have that email anymore. So lets start with the Important stuff: Minidump folder:...
  4. When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...: Since i really dont know much i cant really give further information without being asked a couple of question. Also i was about to Upload my minidump files to Google drive, but it seems i cant upload them there....
  6. When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...: Since i really dont know much i cant really give further information without being asked a couple of question. Also i was about to Upload my minidump files to Google drive, but it seems i cant upload them there....
  7. When Connecting to Wifi my Screen Freezes for about 10 sec and then Bluescreen with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 pro Freezing when connected to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro Freezing when connected to internet: I did install several times Windows 10 pro from usb, DVD on my laptop. Lenovo T400, 6 GB of RAM, CPU -- Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz . Everything works okay. Few times I did activated Windows 10 pro, when I was connected to internet, everything okay and then if I was...
  9. Windows 10 freezes when attempting to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 freezes when attempting to connect to WiFi: Hi all. Windows 10 slows down considerably / almost freezes when I try to connect to WiFi via my wifi-adapter. Everything was fine yesterday. I forced shut-down my PC late at night, by holding down the power button (which I do often), but when I woke up today, Windows 10...
  10. My computer freezes when the wifi connection is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer freezes when the wifi connection is not working: I'm using windows 10, and just bought the computer so it's completely new. But sometimes when I use the computer the internet connection suddenly doesn't work, and when this happens my computer screen freezes so that I have to press the power button to turn it off. Why does...