Windows 10: Windows 10 infinite loading at startup

Discus and support Windows 10 infinite loading at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, when I want to start up my laptop, it just stays at the loading screen with a monocolor background with the windows loading circle. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1luis, Sep 30, 2016.

1. 1luis Win User

Windows 10 infinite loading at startup

Hi Everybody,
    when I want to start up my laptop, it just stays at the loading screen with a monocolor background with the windows loading circle. I tried everything I could think of: I ran chkdsks, which found nothing, I tried startup repair, whose "attempting repairs" never had any results, I tried SFC and DISM, both not fixing it. I also tried a fix that apparently worked for a lot of people with the same problem (How to repair Windows 10 recovery loop error without a reinstall - All ), also without success. I also ran a 7 hour hardware check with an included HP software, which did not find any error.
    I can boot my computer in safe mode. Since I read that it could help to remove all USB devices, I did so, also I deactivated any device unnecessary for windows in the device manager (using safe mode). However, the next time I turned it on, everything was activated again. When I wanted to create a boot USB with Windows MediaCreationTool (using safe mode), it said "There was a problem running this tool", giving me error code 0x8007043C - 0x90016. I just formatted the stick, it was a Win7 boot stick before, but I don't know if this error has really something to do with the main problem, the stick might be broken, or safe mode does not allow something, I have no idea. I updated all drivers, windows is also up to date. My computer has practically never been in a state as up-to-date, sorted and streamlined as it is now, sadly it just still won't boot *Biggrin
    As I said, I never had any comparable issues before. The last time I used the computer, updating iTunes was the only thing I did that could have made an impact. When I clicked "Restart Now" in the installation panel, it shut down and the following startup was when the computer would get stuck loading the first time.
    Rebooting my system would really only be the very last resort, as I use it primarily for making music and setting all the plugins, drivers, configurations and so on back up would be a tremendous amount of work.
    How can I get my laptop running again? Please help!
    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Luis

:)

1luis, Sep 30, 2016

2. Infinite Load Screen

Recently I have purchased an acer laptop and after three months it’s suddenly crashed, I have tried to boot it up and either i get an infinite loading screen upon startup or i get a preparing automatic repair and then contiues in an endless loop, a week
    ago I tried to use a usb startup and it sent me into another boot loop. Is there any way to solve this problem? Is this a problem with Windows 10?

Superknight, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Issue with installing Windows 10 as the installation gets stuck at 64%.

Original title: Infinite loading

My computer keeps on restarting and sometimes shows 64% on the installing windows 10

Sonicman21, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Windows 10 infinite loading at startup

1luis,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm no expert, but, had a thought that might help...

Presuming you did not create recovery discs for the HP computer, and cannot use System Restore to revert the computer to a time when it started. If all else fails, HP may be able to provide you recovery discs since nothing else works.

As far as using another approach, instead of downloading the Media Creation Tool in Safe Mode, try downloading it to a working PC (not in SM):
    Windows 10

Load it to a flash drive.
    Launch MediaCreationTool.exe, and select: Create installation media for another PC

Boot from the flash drive on the problem PC, and the Windows Setup wizard should appear.
    Do not use the Install now button!

Instead, click Repair your computer*in the lower-left corner.

See if it works for you.

cottonball, Oct 1, 2016
  5. TomBarry Win User
    Hi just fixed a HP laptop with similar problems, cottonball has a good solution but one thing I did was to turn off the many HP apps that load up they really hog things and then updated the BIOS also removed Norton anti virus
    sorry if this is unrelated but worked for me
    Good luck *Biggrin

TomBarry, Oct 1, 2016
  6. prikker Win User
    No problem on my HP sleekbook. Acer of my mom also no problem.

prikker, Oct 1, 2016
  7. 1luis Win User
    Thanks for the answer!
    I created a boot USB drive, but my computer won't boot from it. When I select it in the advanced startup options, there is an error message on startup, saying the selected boot device failed. In the BIOS options, the stick somehow is not listed as a boot option, thus I cannot select it there.
    I even tried to run it via CMD in the advaned startup options, but when I wanted to select drive F it said "The device isn't ready yet".

1luis, Oct 2, 2016
  8. 1luis Win User

Didn't work! *Sad

1luis, Oct 2, 2016
  9. 1luis,

You have a tough one here...

If you move the stick to a different USB port, does it make any difference?

Do you have a DVD drive on the laptop? Is it showing in the BIOS?
    If not, do you have a portable DVD drive?

Can you consider creating and using a bootable DVD?

Also, can you tell us what kind of HP laptop is this, and how old is it?

cottonball, Oct 2, 2016
  10. 1luis Win User
    I tried multiple USB ports, none worked. I do have a DVD drive but no DVDs to burn, I could try this though.
    It is an HP Pavilion 15 - at200, not even a year old. At the moment I'm trying to figure out the exact model number to update my BIOS. For some reason, the serial number on a sticker under the battery can't be found by the HP website, it is 5CD54903YQ.
    I now also uninstalled my wifi-card and the graphics card. Still, the problem stays the same :/

1luis, Oct 2, 2016
  11. 1luis,

Wondering if HP has a Function (Fn), or any key that boots directly into Advanced Startup Options (ASO), and gets you to System Restore?

The ability to boot directly to Advanced Startup Options (ASO) isn't one that's available with a traditional BIOS. Your computer will need to support Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and then also be configured properly to boot directly to the ASO menu. Would think that your laptop meets the UEFI criteria...

cottonball, Oct 2, 2016
  12. cottonball, Oct 2, 2016
  13. 1luis Win User

Alright, I managed to get my computer to boot from the stick and click "Repair my PC" in the lower left corner of the installation window. The after that, a version of the advanced startup menu came up, which I presume ran over the USB stick windows. I clicked on startup repair there, which after 45 minutes of "attempting repairs" wasn't able to fix the problem. Do you know of anything else I should try in that advanced startup menu?
    Thanks a lot for your help so far!

1luis, Oct 4, 2016
  14. mrgeek Win User
    "I created a boot USB drive, but my computer won't boot from it. When I select it in the advanced startup options, there is an error message on startup, saying the selected boot device failed. In the BIOS options, the stick somehow is not listed as a boot option, thus I cannot select it there"
    Is the usb stick a 3.0 or 2.0 ? Some mother boards can't boot from usb 3 sticks.
    On an HP, the fn key to hit before boot, to get to Recovery Console and Troubleshooting options, like System Restore or Reset is f11

mrgeek, Oct 4, 2016
  15. 1luis,

Do you know if System Protection (and System Restore) is enabled in your laptop?

Have you created any Restore Points?

Also, if you can go into Safe Mode, and find the Command Prompt:

Type in: rstrui.exe

If executed, it will lead you to the System Restore console where you can restore your computer back to earlier restore point.

cottonball, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 infinite loading at startup - Similar Threads - infinite loading startup

2. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite loading: when I click on a file on the desktop or on windows explorer it continues loading and to solve this I have to open task manager, look for windows explorer and end activity. the fact is that, if i doble click on desktop, It opens the file, but if I click once it loads forever....
  3. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite loading: when I click on a file on the desktop or on windows explorer it continues loading and to solve this I have to open task manager, look for windows explorer and end activity. the fact is that, if i doble click on desktop, It opens the file, but if I click once it loads forever....
  4. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer infinitely loading windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer infinitely loading windows 10: I've had this issue with another computer in which it won't load windows 10 fully but just stay on the loading screen. Getting to the self-diagnostic repair screen also does not fix it as well as that also just loads infinitely. I've also used a media creation tool to fix it,...
  6. Infinite Loading screen on Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Infinite Loading screen on Windows Startup: I've been having this problem for quite some time now. After I upgraded my PC, new motherboard and cpu I began experiencing this issue where Windows 10 is stuck loading on bootup with no end in sight. After I let it load for a few hours, I got a Bluescreen saying "Driver...
  7. Infinite Loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Infinite Loading: When I reboot my PC, I always get a black screen loading with a cursor. I am using my switch rn, it's a insider build may 2004. System restoring does not help. Can you help? Note: It only happens when I reboot. System restore lets me in once....
  8. Infinite Loop Loading Loop screen - Windows 10 startup issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Loop Loading Loop screen - Windows 10 startup issue: Hello there Microsoft, So earlier this evening my day was as usual, when all of the sudden my computer froze. My mouse was working fine, and I even tried to CTRL+ALT+DEL but that did not do anything. Then I went for a very dumb approach; I held the power button for 5...
  9. Windows startup - cannot do anything and infinite loading taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows startup - cannot do anything and infinite loading taskbar: Hello, I have recently had a PC now but somehow from the next day to the other, start just failed: Windows start normally (user and type my pin and boot windows 10 open) but no apps not the recycle bin shows up - an infinite task bar is loading and unable to press any...
  10. Windows 10 infinitely loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 infinitely loading: This is all what happened: A month ago I had some problems with my mouse not moving on my laptop screen, so I searched on YouTube and everywhere but couldn't find a way to solve it. After many hours of continuous of searching I got frustrated and decided to factory...