Windows 10: Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system

Discus and support Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This afternoon my wife was doing something on the computer, got stuck, and rebooted. Once she rebooted a screen popped up into a repair diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moondoggy, Aug 25, 2015.

1. moondoggy Win User

Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system

This afternoon my wife was doing something on the computer, got stuck, and rebooted. Once she rebooted a screen popped up into a repair diagnostic screen and said it was diagnosing the error to repair it. Only problem was that it didn't repair anything and the options that were available were all tried and nothing fixed this infinite loop issue. Luckily, I backed up my system with Acronis TrueImage so as we're speaking my PC is being restored. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so, were you able to get it out of the loop? If so, how did you do this?

:)

moondoggy, Aug 25, 2015
  2. WayneRupp Win User

Restoring to Previous Version of Windows Loop

The infinite repair loop is extremely difficult to break out of. The only sure method is to boot from your installation media and clean install the system rather than try to repair it in Windows Recovery.

The technique of the clean install is explained well in this 10Forums article.

Clean Install Windows 10

Wish I knew of other ways to solve the problem of the infinite repair loop. I have tried to help people with this problem for some time now, without any sure fire success.

Regards

WayneRupp, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 -Update-Blue screen-FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error-Booting-Infinite-loop-Recovery-Env-not-showing up

A crappy Windows 10 update killed my system, need urgent help. Today, Morning Windows 10 popped up for an update. After some 32%. It started to reboot. Thats it, booting is going on infinite loop. Windows Recovery Environment doesn't come in to picture.
    Using USB FLASH drive, it is not letting to repair. When I choose options and hit repair now, blue screen-FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error is blocking and infinite loop continues. Someone please help me.

SIBIKRISHNA P, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system

1. Windows 10 infinite loop trying to repair system - Similar Threads - infinite loop trying

2. Infinite Repair loop with critical system error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite Repair loop with critical system error: Hey guys I am in a huge problem. Today My Pc was not having the Password Enter Box which is necessary to access the Pc. So I searched around Internet and found I can access troubleshoot by Automatic repair. Now my Pc is stuck in Automatic Repair zone and I can access...
  3. Infinite Repair loop with critical system error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite Repair loop with critical system error: Hey guys I am in a huge problem. Today My Pc was not having the Password Enter Box which is necessary to access the Pc. So I searched around Internet and found I can access troubleshoot by Automatic repair. Now my Pc is stuck in Automatic Repair zone and I can access...
  4. Infinite Repair loop with critical system error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.

Windows 10 Infinite repair loop with ISO USB.: Can't reset or repair; immediately fails, reverts changes and reboots back to advanced options.I have no backup images or system restore points.In CMD, all sfc and dism commands fail. Gives errors 6 and 50, can't write to drive. Disabled auto recovery, recovery screen says...
  6. Windows 10 infinite repair loop help! into freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 infinite repair loop help! into freezing: Hi, I have been troubleshooting my computer recently it started off as an infinite boot loop with the error code: log file J\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt after going through the normal processes to deal with the online, boot rec in command prompt among other...
  7. Infinite Repair loop?

Infinite Repair loop?: Hi, I'm running an ASUS Desktop M5A97R2.0, SSD. Whilst trying to install March 2019s update (1903 I think) my pc froze at 'Installing updates. This might take over an hour' @1%. after several hours of this I manually switched machine off and on again to be confronted by...
  8. Infinite automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite automatic repair loop: I got the error critical process died after I turned on my windows 10 pc after only two days. I have not recently installed anything new nor updated my windows voluntarily. I have looked through the forums for a few hours now and tried everything that was said to work but had...
  9. Infinite loop of startup repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop of startup repair: So i found a possible repair on fixing the current situation o the infinte loop from this fourm http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-recovery.html around step 13 it said"If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative...
  10. Infinite Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite Repair Loop: I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode. Have tried startup repair bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot chkdisk I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery -...