Windows 10: Windows 10 infinite spinning dots before booting

Discus and support Windows 10 infinite spinning dots before booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion Notebook x64 running Windows 10. It worked perfectly until I changed the permissions of the user folder so that my account was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamesac42, May 24, 2016.

1. jamesac42 Win User

Windows 10 infinite spinning dots before booting

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook x64 running Windows 10. It worked perfectly until I changed the permissions of the user folder so that my account was able to access it. Then the computer shut off and is unable to be turned back on. It shows the windows logo and then it becomes stuck on a blue screen with white spinning dots, before even displaying the login screen. I am able to ctrl+alt+del but I am taken to a screen with only 3 options: WiFi, Ease of Access, and Power. Shift+Restart does not work and I am unable to reboot in safe mode. At one point, I was somehow able to log in and I attempted to revert all the permissions, then proceeded to restart to see if it worked. Apparently not as I am still rendered unable to access any information or programs on my computer. This computer is more than 3 years old and houses lots of valuable data I cannot lose. *Mad Please help!*cry

:)

jamesac42, May 24, 2016

2. My Red Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop is stuck on the Windows Logo and Spinning Dots infinitely while booting up after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update, so how can I come fix that problem?

My Red Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop is stuck on the Windows Logo and Spinning Dots infinitely while booting up after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update, so how can I come fix that problem?

ThomasWoolum_1830, May 24, 2016
  3. Nearly infinite spinning dots on boot before lockscreen

I am having the same issue. I changed the owner of some files on my computer from "trustedinstaller" to administrators then rebooted my system and this happened. it was working before other than some permission issues (which i was in the middle of fixing).
    Its been 3 days and still no luck. i cant even get into the login to try any of the suggested fixes. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Leon McCall, May 24, 2016
  4. nkomp18 Win User

I can't really help you exactly with your own problem but I had a similar issue with Windows 10 because it would automatically download and install a driver that would cause the exact same problem (bootloop). No one could help me and my computer wasn't working.
    In the end it took me about a week of advanced voodoo to fix my issue, a very painful experience and absolutely no support from Microsoft even though Microsoft was causing the issue with their stupid automatic driver download.

Now here's the part that can actually help you. If you download linux and put it in a USB stick or a Live CD, you can boot your laptop with Linux and save all your data in an external HDD.
    After all your data is safe, you can then format and retry to install Windows or to recover.

That's what I had to do to solve my problem without losing any of my data. Hope it helps

nkomp18, May 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 infinite spinning dots before booting - Similar Threads - infinite spinning dots

2. Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start: My pc will turn on and display the spinning circle of dots but won't boot windows. This has happened about a month ago, however due to school and spring break I've been unable to give it the attention it needs to be fixed. I believe that these issues happened after a power...
  3. Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start: My pc will turn on and display the spinning circle of dots but won't boot windows. This has happened about a month ago, however due to school and spring break I've been unable to give it the attention it needs to be fixed. I believe that these issues happened after a power...
  4. Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots: when i turn on my laptop when windows is starting up i see the logo but the spinning dots don’t appear but it still boots into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-booting-without-spinning-dots/08b0d5d4-5c79-4e1e-8920-c4320c895db8
  6. Windows 10 not booting. Infinite loading dots

Windows 10 not booting. Infinite loading dots: I noticed when trying to shut down my comptuer that it was taking longer than normal so i force shut it down and when i went to boot it back up it wouldnt get past the bios spinning circle. I’ve tried force restarting it three times so it does the Windows Automatic repair but...
  7. Spinning dots on Windows 10 Boot !HELP!

Spinning dots on Windows 10 Boot !HELP!: Hey all, looking for support with this one so I can get back to enjoying my computer during isolation! For the past 3 days my desktop computer has been stuck on the Windows 10 boot screen with the windows logo with spinning dots, and also sometimes just a black screen with...
  8. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots: Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did. The issue arises when I unplug...
  9. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...
  10. Nearly infinite spinning dots on grey background before lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Nearly infinite spinning dots on grey background before lock screen: I have a clean (other than a few new programs) windows 10 install on my pretty powerful desktop. Just today for some irrational reason, when I boot up my PC, and select the OS I want, I'm met with a great screen with the spinning dot animation. So j left it. I left it for a...