Windows 10: Windows 10 infrequently randomly rebooting itself with no warning

Discus and support Windows 10 infrequently randomly rebooting itself with no warning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my desktop PC Windows 10 randomly restarting itself with no warning since August now. The computer is about 2 and a half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Uralowl, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Uralowl Win User

Windows 10 infrequently randomly rebooting itself with no warning

I've been having issues with my desktop PC Windows 10 randomly restarting itself with no warning since August now. The computer is about 2 and a half years old, and this issue has never occurred before since, nor on any other computers I've owned over the past two decades. The screen will simply go black, and the computer restarts itself back to the lock screen. No blue screen or anything. When I log in, I don't get any indication or warning that Windows was shut down incorrectly, but in event viewer I notice "critical error 41" every time, as well as error 6008. Sadly, there aren't really any other logs preceding the reboot, never mind logs that could point to what the cause is. I've also noticed that it seems to fail to create dump files every time.

This has only happened so far when the computer has been left idle, it hasn't occurred while I've been actively using it. It hasn't happened too frequently, only about 3-4 times since August, but it's happened enough now that I'm starting to get worried there may be something wrong with it, and/or that this may end up happening while I'm in the middle of doing something important.

I've disabled "automatic restart after a system error" a few days ago after the latest random reboot. I've also disabled fast startup. I've downloaded Speccy and Core Temp to check the temperature of the computer, but it never really seems to exceed much more than 65c even during intensive tasks, and is generally around 30-40c when idle or just browsing the web. Unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable with computers, and I'm not quite sure what else I can do to narrow down this issue, or what other information I should provide that could be useful in resolving this.

If anyone could help, it'd be much appreciated.

:)

Uralowl, Dec 19, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Restarts Laptop Without Warning

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop reboots by itself randomly. We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and System File Checker tool to scan for any corruptions that may be causing your system to reboot. Kindly follow the steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

To run the System File Checker tool, kindly refer to this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 infrequently randomly rebooting itself with no warning

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 infrequently randomly rebooting itself with no warning

1. Windows 10 infrequently randomly rebooting itself with no warning - Similar Threads - infrequently randomly rebooting

2. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself: I checked the event viewer and saw a few errors; Error - "The previous system shutdown at 01:49:00 on ‎24/‎01/‎2024 was unexpected." - which is weird because it didn't shutdown at 01:49Critical -"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  3. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself: I checked the event viewer and saw a few errors; Error - "The previous system shutdown at 01:49:00 on ‎24/‎01/‎2024 was unexpected." - which is weird because it didn't shutdown at 01:49Critical -"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  4. Why my PC reboots itself randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PC reboots itself randomly?: So I have this issue lately where my laptop decides to randomly reboot by itself. It happens like twice a day.I found something that says it is like administration problem, but I have these permissions.Codes are 10010; 10016there was some more but i can't get to itMy OS is...
  5. Random & infrequent BSOD

Random & infrequent BSOD: Our small church has a PowerSpec computer that we use to audio record our services. The pastor got a good deal from his son-in-law for the PC. The computer is usually left on, with only the screen blanking out after a while. It may go for weeks without problems, then BSOD or...
  6. Computer reboots itself without warning,message or blue screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer reboots itself without warning,message or blue screen.: #1 Hi, i have a problem with my computer restarting without any message or blue screen mostly during gaming, but it happened during regular use too. So first thing i have done was reinstalling all my drivers. Reinstalled them manually, and with amd app nothing happened....
  7. Computer reboots itself without warning,message or blue screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer reboots itself without warning,message or blue screen.: Hi, i have a problem with my computer restarting without any message or blue screen mostly during gaming, but it happened during regular use too. So first thing i have done was reinstalling all my drivers. Reinstalled them manually, and with amd app nothing happened. Gpu...
  8. PC randomly reboots without warning

PC randomly reboots without warning: Hi, My pc was working perfectly for a while until a week ago, it started rebooting randomly. Ive tried reinstalling graphics drivers, mobo drivers, formatting my drives, sfc /scannowno issues detected and installing a newOS but the issue persists. I used the windows...
  9. Pc reboots itself at random times.

Pc reboots itself at random times.: Hey, My pc started rebooting itself at random times a week ago. Resets would occur 4-5 times a day at random times. I ran a stress test for my cpu but it worked fine under heavy load. I used intel diagnostic software for cpu again and it passed every test. I booted my pc...
  10. PC randomly, infrequently crashes.

PC randomly, infrequently crashes.: I used to have crashing problems a while ago, but i seemed to have fixed them up until recently. Every now and then, very infrequently happens maybe once a month with everyday use my PC will lock up and freeze. There will be a small blue rectangle in the top left corner of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer reboots no warning how to troubleshoot

2. windows phone rebooting itself

3. Windows 10 desktop restarts when idle

4. computer restarts without warning