Windows 10: Windows 10 initial password upon start up/ local password account? Microsoft related/

Discus and support Windows 10 initial password upon start up/ local password account? Microsoft related/ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. First, thank you for the assistance. I am not an expert, and this is the first time it has ever happened. I built/ had built a new system... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeremyKimmel, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 initial password upon start up/ local password account? Microsoft related/

Hello.

First, thank you for the assistance.

I am not an expert, and this is the first time it has ever happened. I built/ had built a new system custom, and recently had a motherboard go bad. replaced, added a better graphics card, and more ram; all done by Action computers in Westminster, CO. after picking it up a couple weeks ago, I have no idea how, I must have changed the password or something, I cant get past it.. tried to go to ntpasswordreg etc.... got passed the password to create a new one using the thumb drive I put it on, but the wizard said it couldt save/chang the password. I do not want to do a shift power and delete everything. Im an ex Police Officer, military as well, have so much sensitive info. But im slitting my wrist here, I don't have much money now to take into the shop and pay a tech as I'm on work comp barely making money. No sob story intended. I appreciate the assistance. I just have my cell and an older laptop with windows 7 for now. I always put security questions in before, but this version I think doesn't do that. just a hint is all I get. which doesn't help. I thought when I linked my desktop, laptop and phone with authentication to my Microsoft account, I was sure I could recover it/reset it.

feel free to allow contact on a secure basis. I do have other platforms such as messenger, snapchat Kik.

Respectfully,

Jay

:)

JeremyKimmel, Feb 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Local user account with no need for password

Yes, you can set up a local account with a blank password during the 'Out of Box Experience' (OoBE) initial set up. See Step 24 in this tutorial.

Clean Install Windows 10

Bree, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 initial password upon start up/ local password account? Microsoft related/

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 initial password upon start up/ local password account? Microsoft related/

1. Windows 10 initial password upon start up/ local password account? Microsoft related/ - Similar Threads - initial password upon

2. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  3. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  4. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  5. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  6. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 start up error and forgotten local password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start up error and forgotten local password: Hi, I went to start up my laptop and it went into a windows start-up error and won't let me reset because I can't remember my password. I am able to sign on with the pin I have set up in safe mode, but I can't change anything at all, the system isn't letting me do...
  8. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  9. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...