Windows 10: Windows 10 initial setup

Discus and support Windows 10 initial setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When initially setting up my new Laptop, I selected UK Keyboard when I should have selected US. How do I change this setting to 'US Keyboard'? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Rex, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 initial setup

When initially setting up my new Laptop, I selected UK Keyboard when I should have selected US.

How do I change this setting to 'US Keyboard'?

I seem not to be able to find the 'Language' feature in 'Control Panel'

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Regards.

Robert Rex.

:)

Robert Rex, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, we would like to know more information regarding this issue. Kindly answer the following:

• Since it is the initial setup, have you tried skipping the step of connecting your PC to WiFi, or is there no option to do that?
    • If you already skipped this step, what is the default browser that you're currently using?
    • Does this only happen when trying to connect to a specific WiFi hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 initial setup

Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup requires login to Wi-Fi, but won't launch the browser to allow login. The Wi-Fi hotspots I have access to rewrite login visa browser ad the final step. I'm dead in the water. Is there a way to get the browser to load so I can complete
    the Wi-Fi login at initial setup of Windows 10?

***Subject edited for clarity.***

TomBartley1900, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 initial setup

1. Windows 10 initial setup - Similar Threads - initial setup

2. How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup: Hi,I just got a new mini PC with windows 11 preinstalled. At my initial set up It displayed the ‘defaultuser0’ with a section for password. I have not been able to move past this screen. What can I do to remove and complete my set up...
  3. How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup: Hi,I just got a new mini PC with windows 11 preinstalled. At my initial set up It displayed the ‘defaultuser0’ with a section for password. I have not been able to move past this screen. What can I do to remove and complete my set up...
  4. Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?

Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?: I plan on cloning my new laptop's factory-installed SSD to a larger one as soon as I've completed Windows setup to the point where I can download and run the cloning tool. If it's possible, I'd rather not wait for Windows to restore all of the apps it has logged in Windows...
  5. Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?: I plan on cloning my new laptop's factory-installed SSD to a larger one as soon as I've completed Windows setup to the point where I can download and run the cloning tool. If it's possible, I'd rather not wait for Windows to restore all of the apps it has logged in Windows...
  6. Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...: Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into microsoft etc ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-initial-setup-says-my-microsoft-accound/4e7aef1e-a335-44f6-8d78-30021cce6d92
  7. Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...

Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...: Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into microsoft etc ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-initial-setup-says-my-microsoft-accound/4e7aef1e-a335-44f6-8d78-30021cce6d92
  8. I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...: I've already started initial setup of Windows on new PC, but I am missing information to complete it. Should I just leave PC running in middle of setup over the weekend until I get all info needed to finish? I'm guessing I should not shut it off....
  9. I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...

I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...: I've already started initial setup of Windows on new PC, but I am missing information to complete it. Should I just leave PC running in middle of setup over the weekend until I get all info needed to finish? I'm guessing I should not shut it off....
  10. I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade