Windows 10: Windows 10 input language issue

Discus and support Windows 10 input language issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, There is a bug in Windows 10 - it adds input languages which are not listed in the system and cannot be removed. [ATTACH] Irish keyboard is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sergey Berezovskiy, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 input language issue

Hi,

There is a bug in Windows 10 - it adds input languages which are not listed in the system and cannot be removed.

Windows 10 input language issue eb93b3e8-213f-4742-9957-4725a38d95a7?upload=true.png

Irish keyboard is not listed in the user language list

> Get-WinUserLanguageList

LanguageTag : en-US

Autonym : English (United States)

EnglishName : English

LocalizedName : English (United States)

ScriptName : Latin

InputMethodTips : {0409:00000409}

Spellchecking : True

Handwriting : False

LanguageTag : ru

Autonym : русский

EnglishName : Russian

LocalizedName : Russian

ScriptName : Cyrillic

InputMethodTips : {0419:00000419}

Spellchecking : True

Handwriting : False

And in language preferences

Windows 10 input language issue f484103b-6452-444c-86e9-231ecd5d58e1?upload=true.png

And in keyboards of English

Windows 10 input language issue 17954339-0bbc-4f3b-a552-d06b32f04eb6?upload=true.png

How can I delete Irish keyboard and disable adding it?
    The best solution I found is adding Irish keyboard and then removing it. But windows later adds Irish keyboard again.

:)

Sergey Berezovskiy, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Issues with input language.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps reply with the answers to the below questions:

1. What is the complete error message that you are receiving?

2. Are you able to input using the English language in Cortana and Settings?

3. What happens when you try to change the input language to Chinese?

4. Is this issue specific to Cortana, Settings and account login page?

Let us try few troubleshooting method to resolve this issue.

Method 1: If you are facing issues with using Chinese as your input language in Cortana and Settings, I suggest you to remove and re-add the language pack and check if that helps.

To remove the language pack:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard and tap on
    Enter.

2. Click on the Time & Language option.

3. Click on the Language option.

4. Click on Chinese language pack and select the
    Remove option.

Refer the following article on Manage your input and
    display language settings in Windows 10
    for steps to re-add the language pack.

To switch between the input languages, tap on
    Windows + Space
    button on the keyboard and check if you are able to change the switch and use the Chinese language to input.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to align the speech settings with the pervious input language settings.

1. Go to Start and open
    Settings.

2. Select
    Time & language > Language.

3. Select the language you want to add speech to, and then select the
    Options button.

4. Under
    Speech, select Download. It may take a minute or two for the speech pack to load.

5. Sign out and then sign back in for the new speech pack to be added to speech options.

6. Go back to
    Settings > Time & language
    > Language, select your new language, and then use the up-arrow button to move it to the top of the list and make it the default.

7. Go to
    Speech, and make sure the Speech language setting is aligned with the previous settings.

8. Sign out and then sign back in for the new settings to take effect.

Refer the article on Cortana's regions and languages
    for more information.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 input language issue

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 input language issue

1. Windows 10 input language issue - Similar Threads - input language issue

2. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  3. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  4. Windows 10 input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 input language: I have two languages setup for my Win10 laptop - English UK and English NZ. This is done because I use two different keyboard layouts UK and US, depending on where I am at the time office or at homeYears ago, this worked flawlessly. I could switch the language and everything...
  5. windows 10 language input seetings

windows 10 language input seetings: Hello, it would be lovely if you can help me with this!! So i am running windows 10 with following language settings:In short, everything is set to US English except for regional format as i live in germany and i have replaced the keyboard layout with german.Now here comes...
  6. Keyboard input language issues.

Keyboard input language issues.: my keyboard now produces é instead of backslash and É instead of question mark How do I repair ***Original Title: Keyboard*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-input-language-issues/50445bf1-de0a-4629-bf99-738c8bd491da
  7. Issues with input language.

in Cortana
    Issues with input language.: i get some error at word key-in and language: 1. I can't type anything at cortana,settings and sign-in to account app 2. i already have install a language pack (chinese) but it now cannot work,so i can't change to chinese language input[ATTACH] ***Modified title from:...
  8. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  9. Language input issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language input issues: This is Franz Huang Because I updated my company laptop of OS system to Win 10 ver. 1809, then I can not type any traditional Chinese word, if I want to switch Chinese Traditional input, the message would indicate "Chinese IME is not ready yet" I tried several ways to...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 input language

Microsoft Windows 10 input language: Hello. I have a problem with the input language. I currently use the Croatian keyboard layout and it is the only one that is active, but from time to time, Windows automatically changes it to US English layout which I am unable to remove. Please help....